Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 25
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Okay so basically Pro will be bells and whistles.

Paypal additions will be a paid thing that will integrate with the free or pro version?

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
[]I got one question as it is rather a headache to read 40 pages to get this one answered.

I have no problem paying Dave for his hard work IIP is a great product and I think it is rather a great service that he indeed offers a version FREE.

I do have one question as I am seriously considering purchasing the PRO version. What are the differences going to be between 5.5 and the PRO version. I take it from reading that the PRO version will include a pay interface. [/]

There just isn't a quick easy answer for this one. I'll take an hour or two this weekend and see if I can cover all aspects of IIP Pro. The 5.5 version will be an update of the current release to fix some bugs and add a couple of new features such as a configurable sidebar display (sidebarpal.php). IIP Pro is a complete rewrite which helped in many ways.

The PayPal interface is a seperate set of scripts all together. Putting this together has helped me decide on a better layout for IIP Pro's admin area as well. I have been working on allowing a "demo" mode for the PayPal interface so the admin area can be browsed. Things are still looking good for it's "open house" tomorrow too.

With some luck I'll have 5.5 out next week and I can close this thread and start another long winded one... lol

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
The PayPal inteface integrates with UBB.threads 6.1/6.2 and I may go through it and make it work with 6.0 as well. There will be no need for IIP to use it.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
[]Dave
Any idea on pricing for the IIP Pro and the PayPal addon? Now we just need more Threads features to be config by groups. [/]

I really don't have any pricing ideas for IIP Pro at this time. It's not even close to finished so I haven't given it any thought.

I do have a price in mind for the PayPal addon but it's not going to be solid untill I get Josh's feedback and input. Heck, I may let him set the price.

One of the main things with IIP Pro will be it's use of groups in the various "main" features it will offer. Features such as the Calendar, Link Directory, Picture Gallery, File Area can be asigned to specific groups as well as individuals. Trying to tie it all together in a clean managable package has proven to be quite a task... lol (but not an impossible one)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]I do have a price in mind for the PayPal addon but it's not going to be solid untill I get Josh's feedback and input. Heck, I may let him set the price.
[/]

Oooh.... the power I have.

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Looking forward to the demo.
Not to change the subject but do you know if threads 6.2 will work right with the latest version of photopost?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Not off hand. I have never had photopost. I played with the demo on their site once but that's about it... lol

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]Looking forward to the demo.
Not to change the subject but do you know if threads 6.2 will work right with the latest version of photopost? [/]

Yeah, there is one tweak that I posted here so that when you click user names in photopost it will correctly find the threads profiles. (username to usernumber change).

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thank's Mr. Bug I assume the PhotoPost guys know about the usernumber change?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, I gave it to Michael the other day... I think it'll be in 3.3.

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Do you guys ever sleep

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
No. But JustDave sleeps less. LOL

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
If I get time next week I plan on working on sleep. Upgrading has been a pain since there is no backups. Perhaps an auto install feature would be helpfull.

Didn't you run sleep 2.1 a few weeks ago?
I thought you had to shut it down because stuck "I must finish this script now" child processes were consuming too many resources...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
The best rest I ever had was when the power went out here in Charlotte for like a week.

Only so much you can do with an hour of laptop battery time and a few candles.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Actually it was the number of zombies showing up that worried me most... well mostly because I was looking like one also... uhhgg...

LOL!

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
would that be a JustPay JustDave link Josh?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
LOL

I like it!

It should be called "JustPay" LOL

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
lmfao

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
[]LOL

I like it!

It should be called "JustPay" LOL [/]

LoL now that's funny!

JustPay 2.0 (Upgrade from JustOwed now!)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
JustBorrowed 1.6

(and once Mr. Bug get's his hands on it: JustBroken ) LOL

Hi Dave and/or Josh,

I am mucking around with modifying the menu PAL to add a couple of key features to our site. I have everything working fine except when I click on one of the new links from the menu box (using $pbsize to expand into the center and right columns) my page is blank. If I click the "full" link that appears, the page displays.

I thought it was a file location issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

You can see it at www.syngnathid.org and the links are Library and Photo Gallery.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Chris

"Some dream of doing great things, while others stay awake and get on with it."
      -- Anonymous
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Cool site!

Am looking around and giving it some thought right now.

By chance is the page that's being called to the center also using a require statement or include statement calling ubbt.inc.php or main.inc.php back in a second time? It shouldn't need to.

Just a quick thought.

Thanks, Dave! Cool site kudos go to you too for helping make it look cool!

Actually... the page is just a stub and looks like this:

Code
 <? <br /> <br />	echo "<center><h2>syngnathid.org Library</h2>Coming Soon!</center>"; <br />?> 

-- Anonymous
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
This is probably what's needed.

In your index.php script find this:

Code
<br />			// show full width?<br />			if (($pbsize == 2) && ($paction) && ($paction != "recommend") && ($paction != "ruthanks")) {<br />				echo "$fullwidthStart";<br />				include "{$palspath}/pals/menupal.php";		<br />				if ($paction == "polls") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/polllistpal.php";			<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "attachments") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/attachmentlistpal.php";			<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "profileindex") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/profilepal.php";<br />				}<br />			}<br />

and add additional "if" statements to pull in your other files.

Code
<br />				if ($paction == "library") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/library.php";<br />				}<br />

Hope that helps.

Hehe! One step ahead of you. Here is how it is coded:

Code
 // show full width?<br />			if (($pbsize == 2) && ($paction) && ($paction != "recommend") && ($paction != "ruthanks")) {<br />				echo "$fullwidthStart";<br />				include "{$palspath}/pals/menupal.php";		<br />				if ($paction == "polls") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/polllistpal.php";			<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "attachments") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/attachmentlistpal.php";			<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "profileindex") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/profilepal.php";<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "library") {<br />					include "{$config['homeurl']}/library.php";<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "photogallery") {<br />					include "{$config['homeurl']}/photogallery.php";<br />				}<br />			} 

-- Anonymous
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
hehe...

Do these php files contain actuall php code? If so do the share any same libraries of .threads?

Assuming you mean "library.php" and "photogallery.php"... no... not yet anyway. I just put the stub pages up to make sure I could get it all working.

Eventually they will have code in them, but I do not anticipate threads library usage. They will just be PHP ports of some existing HTML.

-- Anonymous
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Is there any code in these pages? If not then they may just be working. If you have standard html in them you may need to place that into an echo statement like such:

echo <<<EOF

Your html code goes here.

EOF;

That post further back with the "syngnathid.org Library Coming Soon" text is exactly what is in the page. Nothing else... Could that be it?

-- Anonymous
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
That shouldn't cause any problems by the looks of it. Make sure there are no extra spaces after the ?> closing and before the <? opening.

Nope... none.

Would it help to see my menupal.php and index.php??

-- Anonymous
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Yes but I have to first head out and fix a furnace. I'll be back later tonight. Maybe someone else can help though so it wouldn't hurt posting what you have.

Right-O. Files attached.

Thanks, Dave!
Attachments
68002-IIPMenuStuff.zip (0 Bytes, 13 downloads)

-- Anonymous
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
In your index.php file change these lines:

Code
<br />				if ($paction == "library") {<br />					include "{$config['homeurl']}/library.php";<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "photogallery") {<br />					include "{$config['homeurl']}/photogallery.php";<br />				}<br />

to these:

Code
<br />				if ($paction == "library") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/library.php";<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "photogallery") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/photogallery.php";<br />				}<br />

and it should work.

This is a good chess game, here... I did that but still doesn't work...

It is that way on the site now...

-- Anonymous
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
[]Hehe! One step ahead of you. Here is how it is coded:

Code
 // show full width?<br />			if (($pbsize == 2) && ($paction) && ($paction != "recommend") && ($paction != "ruthanks")) {<br />				echo "$fullwidthStart";<br />				include "{$palspath}/pals/menupal.php";		<br />				if ($paction == "polls") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/polllistpal.php";			<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "attachments") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/attachmentlistpal.php";			<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "profileindex") {<br />					include "{$palspath}/pals/profilepal.php";<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "library") {<br />					include "{$config['homeurl']}/library.php";<br />				}<br />				if ($paction == "photogallery") {<br />					include "{$config['homeurl']}/photogallery.php";<br />				}<br />			} 
[/]

Ok. I just noticed that in the code you posted that it wasn't. In the code above you show that your trying to include the files via your "Home URL" and not the path to your threads.

I'll look over the files you posted again today and see what else I can find.

You are right, Dave. Sorry for the miscommunication. I had uploaded them with the old pointer to the 'homeurl', but then tried right after to put the library.php and photogallery.php files into the pals directory and changed the index.php to point to the right place. That is how it appears on the site now.

Do you want the new index.php too?

Thanks for all the time on this!

Oh, and BTW, is the mod for the "More>>>" link under the gremlins list on ThreadsDev? We NEED that!

-- Anonymous
One of the things that I decided to buy UBB.threads is for the IIP.

So dave, I will be installing the UBB.Threads tomorrow. WOuld it be safe for me to install the IIP zip, and be sure that everything would go okay. I would perfer before I put it live to my members, to have this IIP working and with no problems. CAn you help me out installing it. Because I am really nothing when it comes to PHP?

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63