Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#233485 01/19/2003 4:18 PM
Power User
Power User
Greetings. I'm about to pull my hair out over this. When I first upgraded to 6.2, things were fine. However, since then, I'be been getting reports that the forums are loading much slower, even to the point where php times out after the 30seconds.

The pages will normally load, but it'll take anywhere from 30-60 seconds for it to do so. The funy thing is the debug code at the bottom says the page took 10 seconds to generate with around 11-18 queries. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this?

I'm running Windows 2000, with IIS. I just uninstalled MySql and PHP and installed the latest versions. It's still doing the same thing. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
To me it seems as if everything is loading slow, not just the forums. The time spent on the queries is very low, .136 of a second when I accessed it, but the total time which includes how fast it took PHP to generate the page was over 10 seconds.

You may want to go over the PHP documentation and any information related to IIS use.

Addict
Addict
I don't know if this will help, but if you add "debug=1" to the URL, it will show you the time for each query, so you can see if a particular query is taking the bulk of the time. That only works if you're logged in as an admin.

Examples:
http://example.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?debug=1
http://example.com/ubbt/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=board1&debug=1

Veteran
Veteran
Has your host altered anything? - I see that your TTL in the DNS for your site is set to 300 seconds which is very low - it is usualy around 86400 seconds, coupled with the fact that the SOA refresh is very high. I only set the TTL this low, if I am changing an IP address.

Also you have a cname for carfaxabbey.net should really be an A record. cnames can cause problems, and should really be avoided.

Also something is not quite right about your nameservers, it looks like your domains nameservers redicrect to ezy.net ones.

I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but if your DNS is wrong, then it can cause havoc with the site displaying quickly.

Just a thought.....

Ian

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Veteran
Veteran
I had this problem on my server at one point, the PHP configuration on the server was wrong. Sadly I don't have any details on what they fixed to improve the specs.

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63