Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#238092 02/25/2003 12:13 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes: In order to try and get a handle on bandwidth as well as convert users to Members I need a few hacks like this:

1. Currently I would like to see a hack that would allow the image tag to be used by group, not the current, on or off for everyone. This would allow only my Member group to show pics in their posts not everyone.

2. I would also like to see a hack that would only allow a certain group to display avitars, not the current, on or off for everyone. This would allow only my Member group to have an avitar in their posts not everyone.

Basicly, anywhere I can limit pics/bandwidth by group I'm all for, can anyone create hacks like this, I'm sure others could use these?

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Anyone?

Addict
Addict
1. This is an easy fix. Find the following lines in ubbt.inc.php:
Code
<br />    // ----------------------------<br />    // Convert email markup -> html<br />       $Body = preg_replace("/\[{$ubbt_lang['TEXT_EMAIL']}\]([^\[]*)\[\/{$ubbt_lang['TEXT_EMAIL']}\]/i","<a href=\"mailto:\\1\">\\1</a>",$Body);<br /><br />    // ---------------------<br />    // Convert image markup <br />       if ($config['allowimages']) {<br />

And replace them with this:
Code
<br />    // ----------------------------<br />    // Convert email markup -> html<br />       $Body = preg_replace("/\[{$ubbt_lang['TEXT_EMAIL']}\]([^\[]*)\[\/{$ubbt_lang['TEXT_EMAIL']}\]/i","<a href=\"mailto:\\1\">\\1</a>",$Body);<br /><br />    // ---------------------<br />    // Convert image markup <br />       Global $user;<br />       if ($config['allowimages'] && stristr($user['U_Groups'], "-{$config['imagegroup']}-")) {<br />

Then add this line to your config file (and change 5 to the number of the group you want to allow images for):
$config['imagegroup'] = "5";

2. This is almost as easy. Open up your editbasic.php file and do the following:

Find these lines:
Code
<br />// -----------------<br />// Get the user info<br />   $userob = new user;<br />   $user = $userob -> authenticate();                         <br />

Replace them with this:
Code
<br />// -----------------<br />// Get the user info<br />   $userob = new user;<br />   $user = $userob -> authenticate("U_Groups");                         <br />

Now find these lines:
Code
<br />   if ($theme['PictureView']) {<br />      if ( ($config['avatars']) && (ini_get('file_uploads')) ){<br />

Code
<br />   if ($theme['PictureView'] && stristr($user['U_Groups'], "-{$config['avatargroup']}-")) {<br />      if ( ($config['avatars']) && (ini_get('file_uploads')) ){<br />

That's it. Now you need to add a new configuration option to your config file, so open that up and insert this at the end:
$config['avatargroup'] = "5";

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I will get this going this weekend and let you know how it went, you da man.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Wondering how you can do this for many groups? How would you add in multiple groups, so that more than the one group can add an avatar?

Deej

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
This can be done easily it looks like, by adding the groups to this variable?

$config['avatargroup'] = "5";

How would I add groups 6,7,8 etc?

Deejay

Addict
Addict
Wouldn't it be easier to just create a special avatar group for this purpose and add all relevant users to it?

But I'll see what I can whip up.

Addict
Addict
Here are complete instructions for letting several groups use avatars. All steps are the same as before except the last one. I've also changed the name of the config option to make it plural.

Open up your editbasic.php file and do the following:

Find these lines:
Code
<br />// -----------------<br />// Get the user info<br />   $userob = new user;<br />   $user = $userob -> authenticate();                         <br />

Replace them with this:
Code
<br />// -----------------<br />// Get the user info<br />   $userob = new user;<br />   $user = $userob -> authenticate("U_Groups");                         <br />

Now find these lines:
Code
<br />   if ($theme['PictureView']) {<br />      if ( ($config['avatars']) && (ini_get('file_uploads')) ){<br />

Code
<br />   $grpfound = false;<br />   $avgroups = split(",", $config['avatargroups']); <br />   foreach ( $avgroups as $grp ) {<br />      if ( stristr($user['U_Groups'], "-{$grp}-") ) {<br />         $grpfound = true;<br />      }<br />   }<br />   if ($theme['PictureView'] && $grpfound ) {<br />      if ( ($config['avatars']) && (ini_get('file_uploads')) ){<br />

That's it. Now you need to add a new configuration option to your config file, so open that up and insert this at the end:
$config['avatargroups'] = "5,6,7";

This has been tested to work on 6.2.3.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Since i already had the hack installed before all i had to change was the last snip of code and then the avatargroups 5,6,7 etc...

Awesome! thanks!

(I cant say enough about the awesome help here.. thanks guys!)

Deej

Addict
Addict
You're welcome. I'm stuck with a problem of my own at the moment and needed some distractions so I might be able to look at the problem with a fresh mind...

Sponsored Links
Anybody update this for 6.4?

Nearest I can tell from comparing the instructions to the code involved in 6.4 it is the same. You should be able to apply the changes from Gardener's text.

Okay, I have this working in 6.4 but the problem is with this line, by default in 6.4 it reads
Code
    <br />$userob = new user;<br />$user = $userob -> authenticate("U_CoppaUser"); 

The only way I can get it to work is to replace "U_CoppaUser" with "U_Groups" I tried this
Code
    <br />$userob = new user;<br />$user = $userob -> authenticate("U_CoppaUser","U_Groups"); 

and it didn't work.

That is because it is suppose to be this

$userob = new user;
$user = $userob -> authenticate("U_CoppaUser, U_Groups");

not this you have

$userob = new user;
$user = $userob -> authenticate("U_CoppaUser","U_Groups");

Ahh.. thanks

Don't meantion it

Veteran
Veteran
I don't think you need to add U_Groups for 6.4 as it is authenticated within ubbt.inc.php

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
U_Groups was authenticated in ubbt-inc.php I beleive in 6.2 as well Ian. no worries though using it here.

Lurker
Lurker
Has anybody got this to work for 6.5?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63