Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I have to go back to MAC SCHOOL. It probally has been a good 10 years since I even played on a MAC. I am lost completely when one starts talking about them.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Well if you know windows, you can handle a mac.

The new OS is bascially Unix. Very different from the old Mac OS.

Ah cool I remember the old MAC Yuck. Not anything wrong with a MAC I just remember them being somewhat limited from a PC. I know they are still somewhat the same even though they have a more robust OS. I am talking hardware etc. Very limited.

Kahuna
Kahuna
I have integrated this modification on my main site and it works like a dream.

However while trying to integrate it on another site I get the attached image. Both sites run the same versions of UBBT and PhotoPost and also Beyond Compare reports that all files are identical.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Attachments
79050-problem.jpg (0 Bytes, 34 downloads)

Nikos
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Nikos....

Allen and I ran into that on the IyariLimon.com site.

None of us could figure out why it freaked out at the first table wrapper.

I worked around it a bit.

Instead of being able to call the table wrappers from threads.... $tbopen

I had to create a Global variable in pp-inc.php containing the HTML for the table wrappers and use those PhotoPost global variables instead of the tbopen tbclose calls.

Wish I knew the real answer. But that's how I worked around it.

Sponsored Links
This has got to be a setting in the PHP variables that needs to set differently. You could do as Josh instructed and create a global call in pp-inc.php.

If you have access to changing the php.ini compare your php info on both sites and try changing one at a time some of the major ones commonly used that are different. I remember Josh's issue under the first version. Photopost seems to choke on the tablewrapper indeed which is weird since it is only a variable dictating a simple html string.

Kahuna
Kahuna
I'll give it a go Josh. Thanks a bunch.

Twice you save my butt today

Nikos
Kahuna
Kahuna
Hi Chuck,

No I don't have access to the php.ini file. I did create two variables:

// 20030423 - UBBT Integration - New Start
$Globals['tbopen'] = $tbopen;
$Globals['tbclose'] = $tbclose;
// 20030423 - UBBT Integration - New End

which I use instead of $tbopen and $tbclose respectively. Unfortunately it doesn't work.

I think I must do a fresh installation and see how it goes...

Nikos
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Nikos.....

I actually had to not call the table wrappers at all.

So do this:

$Globals['tbopen'] = "<table blah blah blah ><tr><td>....";

Copy and paste from the templates.

Put the actualy HTML in the pp-inc.php

Thus I realize that if I wanna change the wrappers... I'd have to change both the templates in threads and the pp-inc.php file. But it was the only way I can get it to work.

Yeah Nikos I remember Josh well he hardcoded something but it was only like one section. The tbopen and tbclose would only not work for pp-inc.php but worked on every other file?

Josh that is how I recall it right? The easiest way is would simply be to try replacing the tbopen and tbclose with the proper html in pp-inc.php ONLY and seeing if this solves the problem.

I would do it step by step and see if we can figure this out out. This now makes two sites that have a problem parsing the tbopoen and tbclose variables.

Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
I tried that as well guys. Still junk on the screen. I will try a fresh installation today to see how it goes.

Nikos
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
On that same site.... I think I was also never able to use the threads send_header function.

I might have needed to add a query to the photopost login-inc script to figure out the stylesheet.

Still... there's got to be a reason why it doesn't work.

Yeah from other threads I see you have problems with various mods and things. Example the sidebar. I wish I knew what the magic word was. Some things work on most sites but there is that magic site that does not want to work for whatever reason. I keep pinging on the php settings since I think it has to be something that basic that maybe set to on or off at most sites and the complete opposite at those problem sites. Most definately a configuration issue of some sort.

Hacker
Hacker
That junk is usually when you have compression turned on TWICE somewhere - i.e. the second compressor is trying to compress the first.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Zlib only turned on in threads... leave it off in photopost?

I haven't tested... but that makes alot of sense.

Thanks Michael.

Addict
Addict
Is this mod around for ReviewPost?

Hacker
Hacker
Yeah, there is a mod I posted for both RP and PP.

http://www.viperalley.com/ubbthreads.php

Michael he is talking about the integration mod this one not the photo/review on the ubbthreads.tmpl

No Josh this hack is not around for Reviewpost as I do not own it.

However it is rather complex. I beleive I showed you the first two files that need to be done as a teaser of what can be done. However Reviewpost does not use class calls yet.

The work that needs to be done is going in and placing the tbopen and tbclose variables into 10 different files as well as replacing all global calls with class calls. The you need to add those new class calls to each and every stylesheet to make it work.

It would take a couples of hours to do all that. I did index.php and pp-inc.php which should show you how it is done by looking at them.

If you have any other questions shoot me a private message.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I've done review post. It was a lot of trial and error adding the CSS classes and tbopen and tbclose calls in.

Havent' figured out my changes enough to post it.

Yeah I actually did half but that was just playing while helping Josh(AKD96) with his Reviewpost. It was real easy for me as Michael' both products coding are very similar so not so much trial and error for me. Beyond compare works wonders but still it is about 2-3 hours to do it. Just not sure if I want to invest the time in something I have no use for.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, the mod was very similar between the 2.

Yep the code is very similar between both products

Addict
Addict
:nodding and smiling:

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
v2 should jump to pp4 standards

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hacker
Hacker
I have templates for RP done up.... Inspired by all my hacking on Threads; will be a natch for us guys to hack up!

Michael I made a few corrections to the RP templates you had in the hack as they did not have the rp_ prefix before the tables and the photo call still has photo and not product

If you got these issues with your new templates thats cool. If not just a FYI

Hacker
Hacker
Oh, ok. I havent gone back and updated that.... I'll have to go back and update those.

I've been meaning to improve the queries to list the cats, too. Use an array versus repeated calls.

Too many things to do and not enough waking hours.

Here is the template for reviewpost with those changes to get it to work.
Attachments
81806-ubbt_reviewpost.txt (0 Bytes, 571 downloads)

Omegatron just applied this hack to my site and I looks AWESOME!!!

Check it out www.socaps.com

THANKS Omegatron

Addict
Addict
So you're saying the style integration for RP is around somewhere???

Josh It is not around anywhere since I do not own Reviewpost. What I am saying is that the files are so similar to Photopost I could hack the files using the Photopost equivilent renamed of course in Beyond Compare and probally get them compared in an hour. But since I do not own the product I can not release such a hack. How do you think I teased you by showing you what could be done with the two main files.

Addict
Addict
Well, I've been hacking at the code. My review post section now resembles the rest of my site. What's a fella gotta do to have someone come in and fix it so it's all perty-like?

Did you add all the class codes to your stylesheet??

If you are unable to do what you need there are plently of developers here that are able to do the work for you at a reasonable charge.

Addict
Addict
I haven't gone through and added the classes to every stylesheet. I just wanted to get ONE style looking good so I can build off of that. I've gotten a lot done, so there isn't but a little bit of work left. At least, I think. Basically, I just want to get fixed what I haven't been able to figure out.

So yeah, name your price.

Josh if ya have something to ask about me helping you complete the modification Private Message me on this. I will most likely respond tonight when I get home.

xtc Offline
Trying to install this mod... I've run into a problem applying the diffs to pp-inc.php. I added lines 18-48 but then all the rest of the line numbers are way off. I assume the new line 199 is supposed to replace the line above it (like in the other diff files which, BTW, I had no trouble with) but it's actually on line 191 and it goes downhill from there. I'm running PP 3.3.1. I'm wondering if my pp-inc.php is different than the one you used.

Also, the file CSS-additions.txt. I assume this goes in threadshome/stylesheets/*.css ? Do I just paste it in on the end of each or is there more I have to do?

Thanks for your help,
Duane

The Diff files read as follows. The one line which has a line number scratched out is the old code and line number. The new code corresponds to what the line number will be with the modification. All the other changes in the diff file that far down should not be too hard to spot. Look closely right around and compare the lines numbers. Beyond Compare is the best if your not using it.

The CSS additions you are correct get done to ALL stylesheets. You need to set the colors on the classes as instructed. After you cut and paste you need to replace DARKTABLE with the darktable color etc and do this for every new class converting to what color it is going to be. This is usually the longest step in this hack as I have over 25 stylesheets.

xtc Offline
Yeah, I figured out how it works, like I said I patched the rest of the files and had no trouble. It's just this one that's way off on the numbering.

I don't know why everything has to be so difficult with Windows. Unix is so much easier:

diff file1 file2 > diff.txt #create diff file

patch -i diff.txt file1 #apply diffs to file

And diff/patch are standard unix utilities. No need to download and install some third party application.

As you can probably tell, I don't do windows. Or at least I do them as little as possible.

I'll give it another shot.

Thanks again,
Duane

xtc Offline
Well, I tried it and it didn't work as expected. I had to back out the changes. I guess I'll have to fiddle around with it some more and try to figure out what went wrong.

Duane

Well the best thing I can tell you is PM me on this and I will see where your problem is. The changes are pretty simple and the pp-inc.php file has not changed really that much between 3.3.1 and the beta.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63