Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#244985 05/01/2003 11:34 AM
Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if any of you know of any PHP/mySQL (preferably, or Perl/mySQL) Event Manager type applications out there ? I'm looking for something which is as robust/powerful/customizable as the Infopop software.

Ideally I would love to find a mod which someone has written for UBB Threads but the kind of thing i'm talking about is a big task and I'm sure if someone did write it they would perhaps want to sell it as a 'bolt-on' rather than offer as free ? I dont actually mind how much the appplication costs really I just need it ASAP! I cant seem to find anything which comes close to an Infopop type application so i'm beginning to think i should just bite-the-bullet and write my own bespoke software for my site. I dont want to go down this route until i've explored all avenues so thought i'd better post here just in case someone knows of any other companies like Infopop, Interactivetools, BizDesign, etc... who produce quality software which have a large userbase and can be customised/hacked.

The event organiser/scheduler need to be integrated into UBB Threads as my whole site now centers around the message board. This wasnt the original intention but i've realised that, should I write something from scratch, its going to be easier to extend threads as i like the way it all hangs together.

I perhaps need to list out exactly what i'm expecting from this event organiser/scheduler but I guess the best way of seeing where i'm coming from is to see my 'Event Suggestions', 'This Week', and 'Past Events' forums. This method has worked fine up until recently when there has suddenly been a huge number of registrations and its getting too busy for its own good, and now the posts are getting missed by people and the whole thing is just not clear enough. There is also a lot of manual effort required constantly moving posts around the forums when the current date changes. What I really need is to get all these posts removed from the forums and put into some kind of integrated calendar, but to allow speficied members access to add/update events. A proper search engine would also be required and the events should be able to be viewed either listing or calendar style. I actually want to far extend on this though and allow members to put their name down for an event / change their 'status of attendance' automatically - again currently we are just replying to posts, adding our names to a list. its all very messy.

Of course there may already be some software out to do all this which can be customised and the user authentication integated with the threads users but as i say i cant seem to find anything.

Any help would be very much appreciated !

--------------
James
Sponsored Links
apologies - i just found this other thread which details EXACTLY what i'm after ...

https://ubbdev.com/forum/showfl...amp;Main=74301&Search=true#Post75713

--------------
James
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I'm not sure what you're looking for, but THIS is pretty handy software, and the user and pass is made to integrate with threads already. Just fyi. I have it on my site, although it isn't up (again) currently, since I'm redoing for the 8028th time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849