Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#248616 06/01/2003 3:28 AM
With the old ubb classic there was a feature to move a post to another forum and leave a copy. This would be really handy for posts that are suited for two different spot.

Members get mad when I move from the main forum but I also want to generate more info in the other more appropriate forums.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
This is something I've been wanting to do - but have had difficulty pulling it off.

In something like Classic - it would be easier - because all the posts are a "generic reply"... but I have trouble with figuring out a way that you can "repost" each post and still have it all be in reply to all the right posts... since the replies follow a different trail.

If I could solve the myster of how to pull that off - it'd be a great mod.

Even being able to copy the first post would be a nice feature. I realize the rest of the replies going in different directions... perhaps a mod that would allow a reply to be moved to another more appropriate post. This would come in real handy when you move a reply to start a new thread and someone has replied before you could move/start the new topic. Could put the replies back into the appropriate thread. I can do this using the commands from changing article writers but that is a lot of work.

With the quick reply mod folks tend to add stuff in a row no matter who replied above them. I do it too... in flat mode.

Journeyman
Journeyman
We will probably be working on getting that going this summer. We call it our archive utility. It takes the "original" note, strips all replies and moves it to the forum (archive library) of our choice. It leaves the original message and replies intact and duplicates the original message and poster into our archive. But we are using it on the Perl version.

We have a lot of hacking to do, but we were not even going to setup a test board or anything until 6.3 came out. Upgrading every month is not something that we want to do. Now it appears that 6.3 is the trick -- stable and we can work with it for a while.

[:"blue"]Eric Hill[/]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63