Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#251138 06/16/2003 4:37 AM
I have a cookie prefix for threads which is ts2 it I dont put a prefix in the gallery software users can login and view and upload pictures.

If I put the correct cookie prefix in here:
=====================
// Cookie Prefix
// Right now this only applies to UBBThreads or phpBB2; if you have your cookies set to a custom
// prefix, set it here.
$cookieprefix="";
==================
You login and it says login sucsessful then returns you to the gallery and your not logged in.

Any ideas ?

PS tried deleting cookies

Regards
Clint

Running on WIN2003 Web Server.

Paranoid people get followed too!
Sponsored Links
Sounds like a bug you might want to report over at Photopost. However I don't get it. If you do not put the prefix in the gallery software and things work WHY TRY AND SET IT IN THERE? Thats just rocking the boat if ya ask me. Just remove the prefix in the gallery software and see what Photopost says about it. Since things work great when it isn't set no need to set it.

The way I understand it, threads comes out of the box with a cookie prefix "B". I've tried to set that in the photopost adm-index.php but it does not hold. When I return the adm-index.php the cookie is not set. I have not manually altered the config file.

My problem is that I just added photopost, without any other integration and immediately my users started complaining of a slow board, but more importantly of unexpected logouts and "When I try to reply and hit submit, I get a error page or cannot find page." and "Several people cannot at times get in also." As nothing else has changed I suspect photopost and the integrated log in as the culprit.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
The default cookie prefix in threads is 'w3t_'
You might try that.

Hacker
Hacker
Putting PhotoPost on your server doesnt change anything on your Threads side. If you get a login successful, but dont stay logged in - its a cookie issue. If you leave the $cookieprefix blank, then it uses the Threads default of w3t_

How about posting a link so I can take a look?

Sponsored Links
gbmayes,

What Michael says is the truth. He is the Photopost guru. I have seen this issue on several places and it usually happens when people place a wrong prefix value or forget to set it if it is not the default.

If ya don't hook up with Michael if he is busy give me a shout and I will try to help out but he offered first

[]PhotoPost said:
Putting PhotoPost on your server doesnt change anything on your Threads side. If you get a login successful, but dont stay logged in - its a cookie issue. If you leave the $cookieprefix blank, then it uses the Threads default of w3t_

How about posting a link so I can take a look? [/]
My custom threads cookie prefix was "B". I may be wrong but I bet this was the default as it is not something I would have normally changed. I've deleted that "B" so I assume it will go from the "custom" prefix to the default of w3_t.
Maybe that will help.

The board is at god's fellowship board

and the photopost is at photopost

Thank you,
Brent

Hacker
Hacker
I registered and logged in to check and the cookie is being created with the default w3t_ like you said. Also, I do not think cookieprefix for Threads is available in 4.0, but is an option with 4.1. Cookieprefixes in Threads were not available when 4.0 was released.

I tried to go to the PhotoPost link, but it says the boards are down for maintainence.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63