Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Journeyman
Journeyman
Was wondering... I searched all over the board for this, but dont think this has been asked before... if it has, please point me in the right direction?

I have installed the group flag hacks and others on here... Where a user makes a donation, and we then allow them to upload their avatars, post images to the threads, modify their titles, and they get the little sos (support our site) gif next to their names...

I was wondering if there is any way to hack in something that keeps track of time they are set to this group?

Like when a user makes a contribution, we can chose how long they are in that group via the software? (a hack?)

EXAMPLE... John Doe donates 10 bucks... Thats good for a month "membership" to the board... So we then go to his username, and change his group to "Member" instead of the default "User" group... Then in a box, we enter in the date and time this user's group is reset back to "User"

This feature would kick MAJOR ASS... Maybe even getting the board to email a reminder to renew 5 days before they are set back to user?

Anything??? I really need this!!! I know there are MANY other users of this software that have the same donationware hacks installed (from all the reading I have done while installing these hacks) so I know a lot of us could use a hack or mod to the software like this as well. It would really make getting monetary support easy for us all!

Deejay

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
The PayPal integration that JustDave and I are working on will offer this - they can sign up, be added to the group and remove from the group when their subscription is up.

It's still being developed, and I havent' wanted to say too much about this until more info is at hand. But stay tuned. It's going to make it VERY easy to collection donations and subscriptions on your site.

Journeyman
Journeyman
This sounds awesome!

I hope there will be a way to manually set it too like i mentioned so that people mailing in cash, or using other ways to pay can be added to it too then?

Also, is there a name for this mod yet so I can search for it later?

awesome... I cant wait! thanks so much to you guys who do all this work for us! (Where is your tip jar?)

Deej

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I believe there will be. It'll probably be discussed as the "paypal mod".

Stay tuned.

Journeyman
Journeyman
The inevitable stupid question that everyone knows is coming, and cringes to hear...

How long do you think till we see the first release?

haha sorry! Had to ask... ballpark is fine...

Deej

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I don't know - we are still testing.

I will also add that this will be a "professional" product - which will be offered for sale.

No I don't know how much.

I'm still waiting for the master to put the finishing touches on it so we can get to some serious testing. But obviously I hope we have it out just as quickly as possible.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
With some luck I'll have it finished by next monday or sooner. It will allow for the manual addition of users too.

Veteran
Veteran

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Journeyman
Journeyman
I'll be first in line... (or close to it!)

Deej

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

So far it looks very slick.
Definately a high-class product and a valuable add-on to threads. I've been looking forever at something to simplify the membership situation at measurection. This will defaintely make my life easier.

Sponsored Links
Where are all these fruit coming from?

Addict
Addict
I think they've escaped from Screams nightmares!

Addict
Addict
All your fruit are belong to us!

Addict
Addict
I have my checkbook open and willing to purchase... been wanting (needing) this for quite some time, it will make my life incredibly easy

So do I...need this a lot. Looking forward to it

Yors Truly

Who? Me? Worry?
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have installed amember Membership software that automaticly upgrades free users to paid members and then back again with the UBBT plugin, helped the author get some of the bugs out and works great now, very functional, I can set the time or price by group etc. and will auto send out email before Member expires. What I like about it is it supports Paypal AND normal credit cards via a selection of merchant accounts, over 70 percent of my users still use Visa directly instead of Paypal so wanted that ability for sure. here is my Membership prapaganda page if you want to check it out: http://coloradok5.com/membership.shtml

Direct to pay area: https://coloradok5.com/amember/signup.php

Also had some of the people here help me with custom codeing on the UBBT side to get this all running the way I wanted, thanks Josh and Gardener.

Journeyman
Journeyman
So you used that software but you had to get some custom coding done...

Ya i know what you mean about the credit cards thing.. I take cards too, and thats why I wanted to know if i could manually enter them, cause thats how the come to me anyways.

Ive been to your site too. I run an offroad site as well

I am looking forward to seeing what these guys come up with, as they are right into the ubbt software, and know what they can do with it. Will be interesting...

Deej

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Yeah, what I had custom done was, when someone buys a Membership and the software auto puts them in a new group I wanted their username to also turn a different color and at the same time their title to auto change and then back again when Membership expires. So no matter what solution you use you would have to have that part custom, the good news is people here can do that for you.
I can manually enter users into the system as well as auto take credit cards which is the way to go, didn't want to have to do anything manually if I didn't have to.
I'm sure Josh, Justdave etc. will come up with something sweet, they always do. I just needed something now and couldn't wait any longer and also wanted something that has been around for a while with good support that could handle credit cards directly as well as Paypal.
What offroad site do you run? There is a mod here who runs an offroad site http://michiganjeepers.com so that would make three of us.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I run www.bogginfreaks.com

I will check out this stuff you are talking about too...

Deej

Addict
Addict
Hey, yeah I run michiganjeepers.com

Off-road sites rule

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Cool, I have been to your site before.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Dave, any word on if it will also allow direct Credit cards via authorizenet or just manual?

I saw it mentioned about the other product but all I saw was manual about yours. Sorry if I skipped over it.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
For now just PayPal payments.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63