Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#252460 06/27/2003 12:13 AM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I have a couple of questions about TLD.

First, when you make a category or subcategory, and you want to delete it, what do you do? I can edit it, but not delete it.

Also, is there a way to make it like Google, where the subcats don't show until you click on the main category?

I have one category, "specilties", that has a ton of subcategories. It looks really jacked up when you have one with so many subcats and they are all listed.

One more thing, did anyone find a solution to submitting sites that have a redirect for their url or whatever? It still says that it isn't a valid url when really, it is.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
The ability to delete categories and subcategories has not been added, yet. The issue has to do with what to do with the links that are already in the categories. Should they be deleted or moved to a temporary category waiting for approval process? I haven't decided what the best way to handle this is. In the meantime, you can delete the cats, subcats manually by using phpmyadmin or other program. Be aware that if you do delete a cat though, you need to make sure that all links related to that cat have been moved to another category or delete them.

I can add the "Google" ability to a forthcoming release.

The invalid URL has not been resolved, unless someone else has done so for their install. If anyone has resolved this, please pass it along so I can add it in. Thanks.

I was away for a couple of weeks on vacation, and am finally getting caught up with other things. I will begin working on the TLD again this evening after I review and update my TLD to do list. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

#252462 06/28/2003 2:00 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Thanks man

Could leave that up to the admin to decide and only allow empty subcategories to be deleted...the admin would be responsible for moving links to other categories first.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63