Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
In ubbt.inc.php

Where the query is done to determine how many peopl are in chat - Above the query add this:

$LastOnChat = $this -> get_date() - 600;

600 seconds is 10 minutes.

Then alter the query a bit like this

$query = "
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM {$config['tbprefix']}Online
WHERE O_Last > '$LastOnChat'
AND (O_What = 'chatheader' OR O_What = 'chatroom' OR O_What = 'chat')
";

That should do it independanly of Who's Online.

Sponsored Links
Changed it and site still running will let you know if the complaints go down

thanks

Journeyman
Journeyman
[] Thank you very much for posting that tip, Deejay. I had the same problem, and came here to see if anyone else did. And sure enough, a solution was here -- posted not even two hours ago. Now everything works [/]

Cool! I helped people!

Okay, I've got 2 questions. Do these instructions work for 6.4?
And...
What would it take to have multiple chat rooms?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes for 6.4, we're using it here. It's pretty much an addon, no real threads files even altered except for the link in the menubar and the online langugae file.

I believe the paid version of raidersoft allows multiple rooms. But I'm not sure. You'd have to visit www.raidersoft.com and check out the various plans to be sure.

Sponsored Links
I was looking at thier plans and the higher end plans do allow for multiple rooms. So, basically, I would just need to put multiple links in the nav bar(or whereever) pointing to the appropriate place.

Thanks Josh.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
No - I don't think you can pass the room value in the parameters. I think I've asked them about that on their support forum.

I *think* the multiple rooms are picked with a "pull down" menu of room names right at the chat interface.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Josh,

I downloaded the mod and got it working with a bit of changes on the java applet. Which version of Radiersoft is this site running ? the free one ? I would like to try a site that has the pro version to see if it looks any better. My folks DONT like it compared to the digichat software I currently run, but I sure do like the intergration that this version has.

User
User
I was wondering if there was any way to limit the chatroom to one group. I created a group on my board called "chat" and I want only that group to have access to the chatroom. Can this be done?

Thank you!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, there are lots of threads around here which cover general group restriction in more detail. but basically below the authenticate() function, add something like this: (substitute the group number you want to allow)

- Add U_Groups into the authenticate() function query.

- Below it add:
Code
<br />if (!strstr($user['U_Groups'],"-5-")) {<br />   $html = new html;<br />   $html -> not_right("you are not allowed to do this.",$Cat);<br />}<br />

The above would all user group 5 access to the chatroom and block everyone else.

Sponsored Links
Got this added back in with 6.4.1 but for some reason I can not figure out how to make the "There is currently 1 user in the Chat Room. Join them!" center bellow the navigation table. Right now it is stuck under the welcome table.

Please help

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
In the <td class where the $chatoutput is definated - you'll need to add a 'colspan="2"' as the new menu has 2 columns.

Look for both lines that have this:

<td class="lighttable" align="center">

Change to this:

<td class="lighttable" colspan="2" align="center">

Coder
Coder
Josh, you can read my mind. Thats frightening. Yesterday I set up the chat for testing and got the table problem with the nav-bar. I put in the colspan and got to bed.

Right now I come back to write it here in this thread and see that this done

But there is something else: in chat.tmpl is the codebase url. After verify the link generator from Raidersoft i notice that I got an other url:
codebase="http://client1.sigmachat.com/current/

You have in your template:
codebase="http://client.sigmachat.com/current/

Last edited by Zarzal; 02/23/2004 3:21 AM.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes, good point - I think they have multiple chat servers now - next update I should move that to a variable.

[]JoshPet said:
In the <td class where the $chatoutput is definated - you'll need to add a 'colspan="2"' as the new menu has 2 columns.

Look for both lines that have this:

<td class="lighttable" align="center">

Change to this:

<td class="lighttable" colspan="2" align="center"> [/]
THANK YOU

For some reason chatheader.php is not "refreshing" like it use to when installed with 6.3.2. Could I have not installed it correctly, or is there something that needs to be changed to make it refresh with 6.4.1?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It should function the same way - in fact it's the same file - should just be using a Meta refresh in the file to do this.

[]JoshPet said:
It should function the same way - in fact it's the same file - should just be using a Meta refresh in the file to do this. [/]
Interesting

Maybe it's my browser or something as it is definetly not refreshing. I am using IE 6

I just installed this mod on my server and the applet doesn't run. It reads "Applet Halted. This chat room is closed."

I already made sure that my room number was entered properly. I am also pretty sure that it is not a java problem for me because the chat room works when I link to it directly.

Any ideas how to fix this.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, follow their java help at the www.raidersoft.com site. Also - an update to this mod. Search the chat.tmpl file - for the name of the actual server - and verify it against your own server. Since this mod was made - they started using different server names as they grew.

So the mod may have something like "client.sigmachat.com" but verify against the links & code they give you and you'll really need to use "client1.sigmachat.com" or "client2.sigmachat.com" or similar. So edit the applet code accordingly in the chat.tmpl file.

Those instructions need to be updated here as I think they now have multiple chat servers.

I discovered this when I installed it a long time ago, I thought I posted it here []http://www.guitars101.com/boards/images/graemlins/headscratch.gif[/] shame on me for not sharing that with the group.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I think it's mentioned several times in this thread.

Bad on me for not checking the thread before asking . Thanks Josh for the help.
It's a cool add-on to threads.

Whos in the chat room not working independent on my whosonline in chat updates again. I have it listed like previously in this thread.

Would this have changed in 6.4

[] // ----------------------------
// Let's see if there are any people in the chat room - by JoshPet
$query = "
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM {$config['tbprefix']}Online
WHERE O_Last > '$LastOnChat'
AND (O_What = 'chatheader' OR O_What = 'chatroom' OR O_What = 'chat')
";
$sth = $dbh -> do_query($query);
list($chatcount) = $dbh -> fetch_array($sth);
if ($chatcount == "1") {
$chatoutput = "<tr><td class="lighttable" colspan="2" align="center"><b>There is currently $chatcount user in the <a href="{$config['phpurl']}/chat.php" target="_top">Chat Room</a>. Join them!</td></tr>";
}
else if ($chatcount > "1") {
$chatoutput = "<tr><td class="lighttable" colspan="2" align="center"><b>There are currently $chatcount users in the <a href="{$config['phpurl']}/chat.php" target="_top">Chat Room</a>. Join them!</td></tr>";
}
else {
$chatoutput = "";
}
[/]

My most frequent complaint..

trying it with a reduced time -280

since I have it set at 90 minute on regular board should I set it to something -4800 (600 =10 minutes x 8) to correct for delay?

Last edited by Smilesforu; 05/14/2004 2:55 PM.
doesn't seem to make any difference at what I set time. it just reads how many are on screen in whosonline and reports that. trying - 10600 and still no twitching of meter..ugh

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Changing the time should do it - the only change needed for 6.4 (and I swear there's a 6.4 version of this posted somewhere, I'm using it on alot of sites).

This line:

Should be change to this:

$LastOnChat = $this -> get_date() - ($config['onlinetime'] * 60);

Then it should adjust based on your config time.

Thanks not sure what is not working on this but will leave it be for now. I swapped out the code didn't appear to make a difference. (still reading all screen names that have been in chat)
Will see how it does next couple days.

Power User
Power User
* I installed this and it works like a charm (although I have no idea how to log in and mod it) but now all of a sudden I'm getting a "?>" at the top of every page that uses the generic header. A view source of the rendered code gives me this:
[]
?>
<!-- START OF header.tmpl TEMPLATE -->
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html dir="ltr">
<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="http://www.calpernia.com/favicon.ico" />
<head>[/]
* I don't know where that ?> is coming from, or where that line <!-- START of header.tmpl is coming from, I did a sitewide code search and could not find that string in my code anywhere.
* This isn't a chat mod question per se, but the problem came up after installation, and I can't find where I messed anything up. Everything works, just that extra code there...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63