Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#263619 11/28/2003 6:36 AM
Mod Name / Version: Mod powers

Description: This mod uses some of the previous modificationss like IP search and mail user passwords. I wanted to give my mods more power to help but with out giving them the ability to mess with the forum setups or personal spying.
Simple to do but previous hacks are really nice features to give your mods to help track down trolls. This is my first go at one of these and can see my documenting skills are suspect.

I have heavily hacked my board so hope this makes some sense, but it is just using some of the tools we have already in a different loops and renaming code.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.4

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites: Showip and mail password and private moderation

Author(s): Smilesforu

Date: 11/28/03

Credits: astran for ip hack, rick baker for threads, Josh for private moderation ,Lisa P for the extended edit format, Chuck and gang for all the help stumbling along with my others hack installs.

Files Altered: admin/menu.php,doshowpostip.php,selectoption.php,selectusers.php,showpostip.php,showusers.php ,moderatuser.php, unmoderatuser.php

New Files: doshowpostipmod.php, selectoptionmod.php, selectusersmod.php, showpostipmod.php, showusersmod.php

Database Altered: no

Info/Instructions: This basically copies previous files, renames them and uses a separate loop to redirect mods to their own set of search and help tools page.

In the menu you will need a link for the mods to search users so we need to add a link.

### in admin/menu find
EOF;
if ($config['modedit']) {
echo <<<EOF
<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/admin/selectusers.php?Cat=$Cat" target="mainFrame">
{$ubbt_lang['SHOWUSERS']}
</a>
<br>
EOF;
}
echo <<<EOF

#####After it put

<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/admin/selectusersmod.php?Cat=$Cat" target="mainFrame">
{$ubbt_lang['SHOWUSERS']}
</a>
<br>
<a href='{$config['phpurl']}/admin/showpostipmod.php?Cat=$Cat' target='mainFrame'>Search post IPs</a>
<br>

I added a zip of the files I modified and a copy of my menu which has some other mods but should work.

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.
Attachments
100661-modpowers.zip (0 Bytes, 31 downloads)

Last edited by Smilesforu; 12/17/2003 2:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Here is astran ip search mod you will need for this.

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat...5/o/all/fpart/1

deleted

Last edited by Smilesforu; 12/17/2003 2:59 PM.
This is the code I used to swap the powers so mods could use some of the tools.
## edit.. this shouldn't be needed since I uploaded the files in the zip##

// ---------------------------------
// Make sure they are should be here
if ( ($user['U_Status'] != 'Administrator') && ($user['U_Status'] != "Moderator") ) {
$html -> not_right ("You must be logged in, and be a valid administrator or moderator to access this.",$Cat);
}

this is the code needed to allow mods to use private moderation.. I still need to integrate and test. But this should do it.

Last edited by Smilesforu; 12/17/2003 3:10 PM.
Okie dokie I got this working properly in 6.4 so my moderators can stop spammers when I am away and help users of the site with out being able to mess with forums setups and groups.

Last edited by Smilesforu; 12/17/2003 3:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
zip uploaded of the new files. Hope you can use it, sure has helped my mods with the needed stuff.

Anybody else put this to the test so I can move it to finished mode? Its working great on my site.

Addict
Addict
Sorry, haven't had time to check it. Anyone else?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63