Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Addict
Addict
So far this works well on my site. I wanted to share it here to help those creating new and improved css sheets. It allows the user to adjust the font size via their browser.

The simplest way is to remove ALL font-size tags and add:

body, p,table,td,tr, font, div {
font-family: Ms Sans Serif, Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, helv, Times New Roman, Times, serif;
font-size: xx-small;
}

Of course the choice of fonts is up to you.

Last edited by Dr. Who; 12/29/2003 12:38 AM.

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the hint but I have never seen the point to this. A user can change font size via their browsers via the MACRO kets Ctrl + + to increase and Ctrl + - to decrease anytime they wish in Mozilla and Opera etc.

I see the point your making in IE but are you not just helping the beast(Gates) here JC. It is an inherent design flaw or bug in Internet Explorer. They will never fix these if we keep bending our designs and such to their whime. I don't think this is a tip at creating BETTER CSS rather an attempt to fix a bug in Explorer at the cost of the user. Doesn't a person's site take the hit. I mean designing CSS that has no character is not the way to do things. Your talking about running a CSS that has the font size the same everywhere on the site and thats better and improved? I don't think so in any stretch of the word. I do not want my menubar text to be the same as my post text etc. And even at that suggestion you posted IE only allows 5 sizes all of which are leaps and bounds in size differences with no rhyme or reason.

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp

[]Omegatron said:
... It is an inherent design flaw or bug in Internet Explorer. They will never fix these if we keep bending our designs and such to their whime...[/]

The #1 reason why I try to stick to strict XML and CSS -if it's broke then it's not because of my scripting...

Exactly Thats why I pointed out the flaw in thinking we should switch to only one font size in in our stylesheets

Internet Explorer is the only browser I know of that has all these problems and design flaws and nothing is every done. Every other browser you can switch font sizes dynamically via the macro's I posted as an example. IE just does not cut the mustard. I refuse to use it any longer. I keep it around just to double check my coding and that my designs look alright in its browser but I refuse to use it any longer.

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
Bah...

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63