Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#269301 02/13/2004 10:15 PM
I just installed IIP (for the first time) and everything seems fine until I go to the portal (http://www.aerynth.com//index.php?Cat=0) I get the following error:

[]SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT B_Poll,B_Replies,B_Number,B_Board,B_Posted FROM w3t_Posts WHERE B_Number = B_Main AND B_Approved = 'yes' AND () AND B_Poll != '' ORDER BY B_Posted DESC LIMIT 0,1
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND B_Poll != '' ORDER BY B_Posted DESC LIMIT
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/aerynth/public_html/ubbthreads/mysql.inc.php on line 133[/]

I look up line 133 and it is:

[]$this->row = mysql_fetch_array($sth);[/]

Which doesn't appear wrong, but obviously something is. Any ideas or direction for a n00b?

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
Please check your mysql error log in the admin section and report back with the actual error. The one you see via the browser is just a generic error.

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
chrisX #269303 02/13/2004 10:47 PM
Ack, just showing my n00bness. Just started using PhP and really out of practice. Last time I used UBBThreads was back before they were bought by InfoPop and were still .pl. Anyhow, set up my logs and I get this in it:

[]Unable to do_query: SELECT B_Poll,B_Replies,B_Number,B_Board,B_Posted FROM w3t_Posts WHERE B_Number = B_Main AND B_Approved = 'yes' AND () AND B_Poll != '' ORDER BY B_Posted DESC LIMIT 0,1 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND B_Poll != '' ORDER BY B_Posted DESC LIMIT [/]

Looking for the manual now online but the server I am running on uses MySQL 4.0.15-standard. I've also disabled most of the pals/groups and left up the polls which is the one currently giving me the error.

Okay, I appear to just be having a brainfart... the moment I created a forum, the errors seem to have gone away.

Whoops! Thanks for the help, though, JC!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63