Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#272812 04/26/2004 5:52 PM
hey everyone!

i just signed up this morning. this site is great but i think i'm overwhelmed with info here. basically all i'm trying to do is add more stylesheets to my bb. i'm not very good at programming, but i can make due, and i have made 2 new stylesheets already. and i was looking to see if anyone here wanted to share their creations. you're more than welcome to the ones i made too!

basically, would anyone be able to lend me just the html code to enter a new stylesheet? i know how to plug that in and create as new, and that would work out better for me anyway. i downloaded a stylesheet as a zip, but i'm not even sure what to do with it now. where would i put it?

ok any help for the new guy would be great! come visit my boards too if you want. my best friend and i are opening a computer store here in rhode island (USA) and the boards is one area i'm in charge of. it's just getting off the ground, but more traffic would be appreciated! especially from computer-savvy people

thanks everyone!
-jj

Sponsored Links
To "install" your stylesheets first unzip the zip file, then upload them to the /stylesheets directory, then set up the information in your Admin/Themes config.

Addict
Addict
You would upload it to your stylesheet directory. Once you have done that, go to your theme settings in admin to make it available to your users.

Another (and I think easier) way to add a new stylesheet is to click on "Create a Stylsheet" in your admin section. This provides you with a box of text that contains all of the default styles, but without the data. You can delete all of this text and copy the new stylesheet into the box and then add it.

i got it to work, thanks everyone!

actually while i was fiddling around with the zip file that had the stylesheet in it, i got it to load no problem in microsoft frontpage. there was the raw code i needed so i just plugged it into the admin screen.

thanks again! :P

-jj

Oh that's what you meant... You can just open the files in notepad, better to do it there than in FrontPage.

CSS isn't HTML after all.

Sponsored Links
#272817 04/27/2004 5:54 PM
OH!

either way i got it to work. probably just lucked out really. ok, here's a good question while we on stylesheets. say you have a certain ss selected and then you go to edit it while it is set for your browser. then you save the changes. should it automatically update? i've done that a few times, and i can't figure out if it's a delay or if i did something wrong. acutally i had to scrap a stylesheet once because it didn't seem to change no matter what i did. not a big deal, just thought someone might have seen this happen before.

Probably cached in the browser. I'm no expert but I believe most browser can be forced to reload the page by holding shift and pressing F5.

OR, delete all your temporary cache files and then refresh. When all else fails I do that to ensure that I'm getting a fresh reload of the page in question.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63