Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Journeyman
Journeyman
Mod Name / Version: Yet Another PM Quote mod v1.0

Description: This mod offers ordinary post-like quote.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.4

Mod Status: Finished

Any pre-requisites: None

Author(s): PaNTerSan

Date: 04/30/04

Credits: None for now.

Files Altered: mess_handler.php,
templates\default\mess_handler.tmpl, templates\default\viewmessage.tmpl

New Files: None

Database Altered: NO

Info/Instructions: None

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

History
2004-04-30 PaNTerSan - 0.9.0b Original coding started
Attachments
112607-YAPMQ_v0.9.0b.zip (0 Bytes, 21 downloads)

Last edited by PaNTerSan; 09/12/2004 2:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I'll post the full installation steps on your behalf since it's easier to read :-)

Mod Name / Version [:"blue"]Yet Another PM Quote mod v0.9.0b[/]
Description This mod offers ordinary post-like quote.
Working under UBB.threads 6.4.1
Mod Status: [:"red"]Beta[/]
Any pre-requisites None
Author PaNTerSan
Date: 2004.04.30
Credits None for now.
Demo None.
Files Altered
mess_handler.php,
templates\default\mess_handler.tmpl, templates\default\viewmessage.tmpl
New Files
None
Database Altered: [:"blue"]NO[/]
Any other info None

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.
Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

History
2004-04-30 PaNTerSan - 0.9.0b Original coding started

Installation Steps

[*][:"green"] File[/]
mess_handler.php

[:"blue"]Find[/]
Code
<br />$replymess = get_input("replymess", "post");<br />

[:"red"]Replace with[/]
Code
<br />$replymess = get_input("replymess", "post");<br />$quotemess = get_input("quotemess", "post");<br />

[:"blue"]Find in funciton reply_mess[/]
Code
<br />global $dbh, $config, $theme, $ubbt_lang, $userob, $html, $thispath, $tempstyle, $debug;<br />

Code
<br />global $dbh, $config, $theme, $ubbt_lang, $userob, $html, $thispath, $tempstyle, $debug, $quotemess;<br />

[:"blue"]Find in funciton reply_mess[/]
Code
<br />    list($tbopen, $tbclose) = $html->table_wrapper();<br />

Code
<br />    list($tbopen, $tbclose) = $html->table_wrapper();<br /><br />    $QuoteBody="";<br />    if ($quotemess) {<br />        $QuoteBody = $html->undo_markup($Message);<br />        $QuoteBody = str_replace("<br />", "\n", $QuoteBody);<br />        $QuoteBody = "[{$ubbt_lang['TEXT_QUOTE']}]$Sendtoname said:\n$QuoteBody [/{$ubbt_lang['TEXT_QUOTE']}]";<br />    }<br />

Code
<br />// --------------------------------------------------------<br />// If they selected reply to this message, execute that sub<br />if ($replymess) {<br />

Code
<br />// --------------------------------------------------------<br />// If they selected reply to this message, execute that sub<br />if ($replymess || $quotemess) {<br />

templates\default\viewmessage.tmpl

Code
<br />$replymessagebutton<br />

Code
<br />$replymessagebutton<br /><input type="submit" name="quotemess" value="Quote this message" class="buttons" /><br />

templates\default\mess_handler.tmpl

Code
<br /><textarea name="Body" cols="$TextCols" rows="$TextRows" class="formboxes" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);"></textarea><br />

Code
<br /><textarea name="Body" cols="$TextCols" rows="$TextRows" class="formboxes" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);">$QuoteBody</textarea><br />

[*]end: Code changes

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Very handy mod, I installed it no prob on v6.3.2 btw.

Here's an optional step that I recommend though, for those who have JoshPet's PM Quote Original Message 1.3 installed....

In \templates\default\mess_handler.tmpl delete the following lines:

Code
<input type="checkbox" name="QuoteOrig" value="1" checked="checked" class="formboxes" /> <br />I want to Quote the Original Message in my Reply <br /><br /> <br /><br />

In \templates\default\mess_reply.tmpl delete the following lines:

Code
<input type="checkbox" name="QuoteOrig" value="1" $Qselected class="formboxes" /> <br />I want to quote the original message in my reply <br /><br /> <br /><br />

It's somewhat redundant and potentially confusing for newbs to leave that option there :-)

Journeyman
Journeyman
[]Twisty said:
It's somewhat redundant and potentially confusing for newbs to leave that option there :-)
[/]
Khm... there is no such thing in my instructions - this is another mod PM Quote Original Message 1.3 by [:"red"] JoshPet[/]

Kind regards,
PaNTerSan
Journeyman
Journeyman
[]Twisty said:
I'll post the full installation steps on your behalf since it's easier to read :-)
[/]
OR - you could respect the instructions :
[] Please Attach Modifications as either Text Files or ZIP files rather than posting text in the body of the post. It's much easier to use, and eliminates left/right scrolling and cut and paste issues[/]

Next time when you use my instructions, use some board that supports ubbCode and make copy&paste instructions to a post - then use magic: preview

Kind regards,
PaNTerSan
Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]PaNTerSan said:
[]Twisty said:
[/]
Khm... there is no such thing in my instructions - this is another mod PM Quote Original Message 1.3 by [:"red"] JoshPet[/] [/]

Yes sorry, this is for those who already have the other mod installed (which many do). Basically you wouldn't want both at the same time

I edited my post to clarify that.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]PaNTerSan said:
[]Twisty said:
[/]
OR - you could respect the instructions :
[] Please Attach Modifications as either Text Files or ZIP files rather than posting text in the body of the post. It's much easier to use, and eliminates left/right scrolling and cut and paste issues[/]

Next time when you use my instructions, use some board that supports ubbCode and make copy&paste instructions to a post - then use magic: preview [/]

I would normally agree (concerning the rule), but since you included the tags in your text file, it is more difficult to copy/paste code from it.

And thus my reason for posting it is to save everyone the trouble of having to do the preview trick ;-)

Journeyman
Journeyman
I didn't upgrade attachment (still says beta) since only status has changed.

Kind regards,
PaNTerSan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63