Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Old Hand
Old Hand
yup almost done with the contrl panel upgrade for this. I have two more functions to change over.. the news and the panel itself then I will futz with the boxes..

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
Cool!

--------------------
Matt Reinfeldt
http://www.mattreinfeldt.com/
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
danke for the bugfixes matt

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I believe that change needs to be made in the showday, sidebar, and editconfig pals as well.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Coder
Coder
no problem!

--------------------
Matt Reinfeldt
http://www.mattreinfeldt.com/
Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
Hmm... users are getting errors with IIP 5.5, but admins/mods are not it appears. My users are reporting the index page for IIP as showing this:

[]Script:
Line#:
SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND B_CalDay >= 4 AND B_CalMonth = 7 AND B_CalYear = 2004
SQL Error #: 1064
Query: SELECT B_CalDay, B_CalMonth, B_CalYear, B_Subject, B_Body FROM w3t_Posts WHERE (`B_Board` = 'cjtech' OR `B_Board` = 'land' OR `B_Board` = 'meetandgreet' OR `B_Board` = 'misctech' OR `B_Board` = 'news' OR `B_Board` = 'sightings' OR `B_Board` = 'testing' OR `B_Board` = 'tips' OR `B_Board` = 'tjtech' OR `B_Board` = 'UBB1' OR `B_Board` = 'UBB2' OR `B_Board` = 'UBB3' OR `B_Board` = 'UBB6' OR `B_Board` = 'UBB7' OR `B_Board` = 'UBB8' OR `B_Board` = 'vendors' OR `B_Board` = 'wanted' OR `B_Board` = 'wjzjtech' OR `B_Board` = 'xjtech' OR `B_Board` = 'yjtech') AND () AND B_CalDay >= 4 AND B_CalMonth = 7 AND B_CalYear = 2004 ORDER BY B_CalDay ASC

Please use your back button to return to the previous page. [/]

I have verified, as when I logout, or login as a non-admin/mod I also see that as well on the index page

Old Hand
Old Hand
question is which module is creating this cause see this AND () AND your missing something between (). need ya to tell me what module is reporting that.

Addict
Addict
Well, that I couldn't say off-hand, but I can turn on and off the pal boxes one by one and try to track it down. I'll get back to you on that

Old Hand
Old Hand
that message should also appear above or below the box that is not working and should also not show the box thats the culprit either let me know.

Addict
Addict
It works now. It was the "Upcoming Events" box for some reason. I just went into the control panel for IIP and removed it, and it worked. Then, for grins and giggles, I added it back to see, and now it works with that box turned on as well

Hmm, oh well, at least it works now!

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
yeah its a mystery been reported before but can't track down the error

User
User
Hi,

I've just moved my forum and gallery over to a new server, and I'm having a little problem with IIP.
Everything works fine if the user is logged in, but undregistered users only see the top of the page... navigation links etc.

http://forum.everyonedoesit.com - any ideas?

Cheers.

Old Hand
Old Hand
hmm when I go there I see the forums.. I would suggest since ya moved servers to make sure all calls to the main.inc.php are set right..

Does this work for 6.5 b4?

I'm confused and I'm trying to find what version works for beta 4.

I am following the instructions and I'm getting this when hitting index.php...

Notice: Undefined variable: Cat in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\jb2\sanctuary\index.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\jb2\sanctuary\index.php:69) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\jb2\sanctuary\ubbt.inc.php on line 619

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\jb2\sanctuary\index.php:69) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\jb2\sanctuary\ubbt.inc.php on line 326

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It's working here

You might grab the latest beta (6.5b6) - fixes lots of bugs and would be the preferred place to start in finding the error.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
RC Offline
I cant seem to get 5.5 working with 6.5b6, only the left side pals appear, taking up the whole screen, and an error at the bottom of the screen reads "Warning: main(/****/ubbthreads/languages/calendar.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /****/ubbthreads/pals/calendarpal.php on line 28

ahhh...6.5b6 is out? I'll upgrade when i get home.

Then I'll post here again when I run into trouble

I found a problem that I caused when editing the php.ini file :
Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = -1

I thought -1 would make it unlimited. ANyway, that got rid of my error, and I upgraded to b6 just before I figured that out.

So, now I put the new index.php file in my forum folder and I navigate there. I am redirected to ubbthreads.php and I don't see any 'iip copyright' link.

WHat the heck is going on? Je suis tres confused.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You might delete the current index.php file you have uploaded and re-upload it. It sounds like you didn't over-write the default one that came with threads.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I think it may have been some strange caching problem. It literally just started working for no reason a little later.

I'm now configuring it and seeing what it can do

hey guys
i'm also getting this error
[]
Warning: main(../main.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fordmond/public_html/ubbthreads/pals/showdaypal.php on line 23

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../main.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fordmond/public_html/ubbthreads/pals/showdaypal.php on line 23
[/]
when using the calendar and showdaypal.php

i've tried disabling the calendar, made no difference.

I setup the IIP fine.

With it, I created a new forum to hold news items. I get a lot of press release sent to me, and other newzy items that would be really be perfect when using the IIP.

I tested it by adding an html formatted entry. It looks fine in .Threads, but the Entrance page won't render and I receive an error.

"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:"

And that's it. Are there any standard HTML tags that I need to avoid? What causes this? I really want to be sure that I can use HTML tags because I find it much easier to take submissions as is from people rather than reformat to UBB code.

I wish I could show ya'll, but this is running locally and I don't think I can host this forum through my router and Internet provider. They block port 80.

I can provide the HTML though, if anyone wants to try it.

thx!

It seems Last online is broken under 6.5B6.... is anyone else experiencing this?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
This isn't the latest version of IIP anymore.

You probably want to try version 6.5 that scroungr put out.

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/116683

Yep Thanks Joshpet, the version inside of 6.5 works. Only problem I have with it is that the control panel does not work and I end up having to manually edit the config file... but at least it seems to work

I installed the 6.5 version of IIP and I'm still experiencing the same problem. I'm using HTML formatted text to make a post that will also be displayed on the IIP in the news section.

Can the HTML possibly do this?

I there a PHP setting I need to look at?

I'll attach the html in a text file. Can someone test it in a forum used for news and see if it causes a problme when rendering index.php for IIP 6.5?

"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:"

Thanks!
Attachments
119365-umphrees.txt (0 Bytes, 159 downloads)

Lurker
Lurker
I have a problem involving the "Login/Status" part of the IIP. Basically I am running a ubbThreads site on one IP address and want users to be able to log in and get their status from a site run from the same server but on a different IP address.

At the moment the following bit of code is always true so it never gets to the else bit down below where it displays the status etc.

require_once('../../forums/ubbthreads/main.inc.php');
// -----------------
// Get the user info
$userob = new user;
$user = $userob -> authenticate();
if (!$user['U_Username']) {
// CODE HERE IS ALWAYS EXECUTED
// this code displays login boxes etc
}
else {
// NEVER GETS HERE
this code displays status of logged in user

The code works fine, if I goto my forum site I have been logged in successfully, it's just that if I go back to my other site it wants me to log in again.

So, has anyone managed to get the login working where the sites are on different IPs?

Thanks
Angus

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]bouche said:
I installed the 6.5 version of IIP and I'm still experiencing the same problem. I'm using HTML formatted text to make a post that will also be displayed on the IIP in the news section.

Can the HTML possibly do this?

I there a PHP setting I need to look at?

I'll attach the html in a text file. Can someone test it in a forum used for news and see if it causes a problme when rendering index.php for IIP 6.5?

"CGI Error

Thanks! [/]

has to do with the HTML Stripping under the IIP News Section if it strips it it displays the subject but no story and if it doesn't it messes up the format of the page. I never use HTML in a page so I don;t know if it has always worked that way or not.

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]angussc2 said:
I have a problem involving the "Login/Status" part of the IIP. Basically I am running a ubbThreads site on one IP address and want users to be able to log in and get their status from a site run from the same server but on a different IP address.

At the moment the following bit of code is always true so it never gets to the else bit down below where it displays the status etc.

require_once('../../forums/ubbthreads/main.inc.php');
// -----------------
// Get the user info
$userob = new user;
$user = $userob -> authenticate();
if (!$user['U_Username']) {
// CODE HERE IS ALWAYS EXECUTED
// this code displays login boxes etc
}
else {
// NEVER GETS HERE
this code displays status of logged in user

The code works fine, if I goto my forum site I have been logged in successfully, it's just that if I go back to my other site it wants me to log in again.

So, has anyone managed to get the login working where the sites are on different IPs?

Thanks
Angus [/]

well since $user is set up in a cookie and cookies are domain specific I doubt it.

Lurker
Lurker
Thanks for the relpy scroungr

I'm just going to try and hack something. I don't know much about cookies but I'm going to try various things and see if I can find a solution, if anyone else can think of a way I'd appreciate it:

Thanks
Angus

Lurker
Lurker
Ok, I'm still struggling

I've found this article:
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/chriskings20001128.php3?page=1

but can't get it to work.

I've updated my apache config no problem and have added:
$domains['domain1'] = "http://<mydomain>/-$sessionid-";
$domains['domain2'] = "http://<mydomain>/-$sessionid-";

to main-inc.php.

Then I've put:
global $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS, $HTTP_GET_VARS;
if (isset($sessionid) && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sessionid']) && ($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['sessionid'] != $HTTP_GET_VARS['sessionid'])) {
SetCookie('sessionid', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sessionid'], 0, '/', '');
$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['sessionid'] = $HTTP_GET_VARS['sessionid'];
$sessionid = $HTTP_GET_VARS['sessionid'];
}
at the start of ubbt.inc.php (I think this is where the cookie is created, right?) and my page where my login stuff is.

but (rather obviously I thought) the $sessionid variable doesn't equal anything at this point so the code within the if statement is never executed

If anyone could point me on the right track I would really appriciate it, this is doing my head in.

Thanks
Angus

ahhhh!

So I you're suggesting that the top xxx characters need to stay clear of html.

How many characters does the newsy part display? Will the same thing happen with UBB Code?

I have a question, hopefully hasnt been answered elsewhere.

When a user enters your site, they are at the index, when they login, how do you make it to where they are taken back to the index(IIP) instead of the forums?

Also, if your users have always entered your site via:

http://www.website.com/ubbthreads

is there anyway to force them back to the index to get to the forums?

thank you

Old Hand
Old Hand
in their MyHome is a select that ashould take them to wherever they select...

yes, is there anyway to add to the MyHome, or point by default back to the IIP index.php?

Nevermind, I found the updated 6.5 IIP, that has everything i need hehe

Well other than making the IIP index the default setting in MyHome

thank you anyway

Well, 1 more question. I have installed IIP 6.5, everything installed perfectly, and running great.

One problem, after logging in, when I click the MyHome link, it just takes me back to the IIP Index page.

in this step:
[]## Find:

// -----------------------------------
// Figure out their front page setting
$catsonly = $frontpage;
$main = "";
if ($config['catsonly']) {
$main = "categories";
}
if (!$catsonly) {
$catsonly = $main;
}
if ($catsonly == "categories") {
$main = "categories.php";
$linker = "categories";
}
else {
$main = "ubbthreads.php";
$linker = "ubbthreads";
}
if ($startpage != "mi" || $myhome) {
$main = "myhome.php";
}

if ($from == "cp") {
$main = "admin/login.php";
}
echo <<<EOF
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url={$config['phpurl']}/$main?Cat=$Cat">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

## Replace with :
## NOTE CHANGE THE ubbthreads/ TO WHATEVER YOUR DIRECTORY FOR THREADS IS:

// -----------------------------------
// Figure out their front page setting
$catsonly = $frontpage;
$main = "";
if ($config['catsonly']) {
$main = "{$config[phpurl]}/categories";
}
if (!$catsonly) {
$catsonly = $main;
}
if ($catsonly == "categories") {
$main = "{$config[phpurl]}/categories.php";
$linker = "categories";
}
else {
$main = "{$config[phpurl]}/ubbthreads.php";
$linker = "forums";
}
if ($startpage != "mi" || $myhome) {
$main = "{$config[phpurl]}/myhome.php";
}

if ($from == "cp") {
$main = "{$config[phpurl]}/admin/login.php";
}

if ($startpage == "en") {
$main = "{$config[homeurl]}/index.php";
}
echo <<<EOF
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url=$main?Cat=$Cat">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>[/]

I have change the ubbthreads to forums as that is where my installation is at, and I still get the same error.

Any ideas?

Old Hand
Old Hand
what is your setting in your profile say? is it set for entrance? or main index?

Well, thats the thing, when I click MyHome to get to my settings, it just takes me back to the IIP index page. I cant get to my profile settings. If I copy and paste the original code, and put it back to default, it works.

ok, found something else. If I goto the admin cp, under my username and change the preferences there(to either MyHome or Main Index), I can access My Home again. But If I make the change in My Profile, back to Start Page = Entrance and submit it, I can no longer reach MyHome, when I click the link, it just takes me back to the IIP Index.

If I change it back in the admin Cp, then I can reach it. Doesnt make sense. And also, under the admin Cp, when you edit a users preferences, and goto choose their start page, the option to have their start page be Entrance isnt there, there is only MyHome, or Main Index.

Am I losing you? lol

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63