Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Guru
Guru
Ok, I redesigned my site and test forums and put together a stylesheet for it.

Download Zip file - upload stylesheet and then upload the 'wcsoft_images' directory to /stylesheets/images/wcsoft_images location.

You can see a demo at my site: http://www.wcsoft.net
Attachments
115025-wcsoft_style.zip (0 Bytes, 87 downloads)

Last edited by Scream; 06/11/2004 12:01 PM.

UBB.threads Developer
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Very nice - thanks for sharing!

Addict
Addict

Journeyman
Journeyman
thats nice... cheers

STB Offline
Lurker
Lurker
Love this one, currently using it.

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User

Definitely one of the coolest themes I have seen on here, I want to use this as my default, I've even labeled it "Scream"

One thing though, on my current stylesheet I changed my (5 viewing) on the main page color using this code

$ubbt_lang['VIEWING'] = "<font color="gray">viewing</font>";

in my lang file. But the .css in this style seems to be taking that over and I can't find where?

Guru
Guru
Hmm, it seemed to work ok for me. I added this:

$ubbt_lang['VIEWING'] = "<font color='red'>viewing</font>";

The .small class is applied to that text but there is no font color so it shouldn't interfere with what you are trying to do.

Glad you like the stylesheet

UBB.threads Developer
Okay, thanks. Here's what I would like to do next, on the main page under Posts it shows how many are new like this:

(3)

I would like just the (3) to be red and not the entire post count, this is defined in .new on my current .css and when I tried in this one it turns it all red.

Also, I would like to turn the txt from #CCCCCC to #FFFFFF on the front page and in all the posts, not sure where that was so I thought I would ask. Thanks for all your help, I am looking forward to releasing this it will be the first change since I started my site, I am sure my users will really dig it!

BTW I am using threads 6.4

Guru
Guru
Ahh, since I'm running 6.5 it's a bit different since the styles have changed a bit. Should have said something in my first post.

In 6.5 we totally removed the .new class. And that bit is controlled by the .standouttext class. I *think* you might be able to just add the .new class back in. Maybe add:

.new {
font-color: red;
}

The font color is controlled throughout a variety of classes. Basically I'd just do a search and replace for #CCCCCC; and change to #FFFFFF; It's actually defined in a total of 9 classes in total and it's the only place that color code is used so if you change them all to #FFFFFF it should do what you are looking for.

UBB.threads Developer
Sponsored Links
Great! It all works the way I want to now and it's live, thanks for the new look

Guru
Guru
Good to hear!

UBB.threads Developer
Can you throw an SQL command my way that will force an update? or is it a matter of refreshing, it's set as default and it's the only choice they have.

Guru
Guru
If it's your default style then you can use this:

UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_StyleSheet='usedefault'

UBB.threads Developer

I have never really messed with these so sorry for all the questions. I figured this would be an easy tweak but with the new css setup it seems like a lot of things are combined. I really like the font size but want to make it bigger only in the actual posts. I have narrowed it down to this:

p,table,td,tr {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color: #FFFFFF;
font-size: 11px;
}

Which applies to other things, is there something I can add that would make the font size only apply to the forum (post) text?

Guru
Guru
There is actually a .post class in the code but it's never been put into the stylesheets. You *should* just be able to add something like this:

.post {
font-size: 12px;
}

UBB.threads Developer
Okay, that works great. I see a pattern here of things I can take from my existing css and add into this one. Thanks again

Hmmm...I installed this style sheet but can't seem to get it woring. I am running 6.4.1, when I apply this style sheet to my account all the background and table headers and stuff is all white. Initially I thought it was a path problem as I moved the images to the image directory in my webs root directory and modifed the paths in the .css. To check that I created a images/wcsoft_images directory in the stylesheet directory and moved the three images there, but the same effect. Is this style sheet just completely uncompatible with my version or am I still missing something...? I was going to add a few other mods I found on this site but having been stumped by a .css I am now a bit worried.

P-

Last edited by PDOstrander; 09/21/2004 1:04 PM.
Ugh, Ignore me. I configured UBBT to read .css from the stylesheets dir in my webroot. Oddly enough the admin "Theme Configuration" still reads from the /ubbthreads/stylesheets but the actual style sheets are loaded from the one in the web root. Sorry...

P-

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63