Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
(yeah, another one)

I feel that the available user profile fields is currently *very* lacking at best. I've seen on VBulletin where admins can create their own fields complete with choices of dropdowns, checkboxes, etc. As UBBT is used in all sorts of settings and to support very unique groups, why is this not an option currently? For example, if I'm selling widgets A,B,C,D and E and I want to know how satisfied my customers are with them (and without having to create a new poll everytime I want to get updated opinions) I should allow them a dropdown with options of 1 - 5 to rate each one. They can than go into their profile at anytime and update these thus allowing me to pull a queury from the database anytime I want to see the current customer satisfaction ratings. I hope that made sense!!

I don't really expect an answer but I do want to throw my voice into the hat (can you throw your voice?) about allowing us to add unique fields to the user profile/registration sections of our boards. And if anyone has already created a mod for this, in the name of all things sacred, let me know!!!

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I know exactly what you mean. With the help from Josh we managed to add 2 fields the version of the software they are currently using and which platform & os. this then displays on the show flat pages under their image so others can see this data. Also we added a drop down so they can change from default when they make a post. And this is captured in another field and in my post list page it shows the version so people know w/o having to preface the subject with [VER: 6.0] it makes it much easier & cleaner.

But It would be really helpful to be able to create popup lists on the fly. And as needed.

Addict
Addict
On www.rollspel.nu I have added lots of extra fields via a simple system I created that allows me to add any number of new fields. In a similar system for another script I've also made it possible to add drop-downs. It's not very advanced though, it's just a bunch of strings in a config file to set the different options, but it works.

Doing a more advanced system with an admin system shouldn't really be that hard, but I don't really have the time to do it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63