Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Scroungr I think I figured out the eventspal issue.

I "just" moved one of my sites over from a simplistic phpbb site to UBB.Threads, and in the process it set all my users (all 30 or so of em) to a U_Birthday of "0" (the default).

If I select "Show birthdays" in IIP control panel to NOT AT ALL - the 12/31/69 goes away (ie it is not reading the zero as the unix start date).

If I show them "MIXED IN", it gives me the 12/31/69 at all times on the eventspal output.

If I show them "SEPARATELY", it errors out with the following:
[]Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bpark/public_html/forum/pals/eventspal.php on line 49

Warning: array_multisort(): Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in /home/bpark/public_html/forum/pals/eventspal.php(58) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: array_slice(): The first argument should be an array in /home/bpark/public_html/forum/pals/eventspal.php on line 786[/]

So that settles that!

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
cool.. yeah never counted on a 0 birthday

Veteran
Veteran
Sorry one other problem being reportd by some of my users.

Current Threads

I have spider friendly urls ticked.

People are getting an error, when they click on a current thread instead of http://www.fansfocus.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/354201 they get http://www.fansfocus.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat//Number/354201 - i.e. the 0 is missing.

I have had the problem once or twice but now can't replicate - but others are still getting it.

Will try and do further digging to see why it ocurs some times and not others

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Old Hand
Old Hand
thanx Ian

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
I have a question. In the IIP sidebar options, i select right or left, and nothing changes, i dont see any sidebar on my index page.....? Also since ive upgraded to 6.5, my top poster count messed up.....Like one user had 95 posts, and now it shows up as if he has 80, the same for other users, their post count dropped a little. Any suggestions? thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
yes look over the instructions again There are special IIP sidebar instructions make sure ya follow them to the letter. Also mkake sure you select right or left

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
hey, i went over all the instructions, and replaced the lines, and now im getting this error:

Script: /homepages/4/d95285407/htdocs/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php
Line#: 1616
SQL Error: Unknown column 'U_SideBar' in 'field list'
SQL Error #: 1054
Query: SELECT U_Username,U_Password,U_SessionId, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage, U_Number, U_Banned,U_LastOn,U_OC_Userid, U_SideBar FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Number = '11'

what i did is, i created a table in my w3t_Users called 'U_SideBar' and i set 11 as the attributes/values, and now there is no error, but again, its not working, there is no right or left sidebar when i select it in my config.......

Old Hand
Old Hand
Ummm w3t_Users is a table and U_Sidebar is a field and the Field should be

`U_SideBar` INT( 1 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

and should have the values of 0, 1, or 2

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
hmm yes, sry i got the field now.....and yes now im getting the side bar, but only in the forums listings not on the index page, and only if ur a guest....hmmmmm

Old Hand
Old Hand
the sidebar will only appear on the forum index not on the IIP entrance. Also run this sql query

UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_Sidebar = '1';

this will update all users.. then they will manually have to go into their own myhome display preferences and change Sidebar Display: to right, left, or disabled....

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
[]Ian_W said:
Sorry one other problem being reportd by some of my users.

Current Threads

I have spider friendly urls ticked.

People are getting an error, when they click on a current thread instead of http://www.fansfocus.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/354201 they get http://www.fansfocus.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat//Number/354201 - i.e. the 0 is missing.

I have had the problem once or twice but now can't replicate - but others are still getting it.

Will try and do further digging to see why it ocurs some times and not others [/]

Okay - the problem is generated with the spider friendly script if there is no Cat number in the URL of the page containing the recent threads pal.

In the unfriendly version of showflat.php?Cat=$Cat&Number=$palNumber it works fine if Cat does not exist.

This happens more often on non-threads pages where the URL is just .php, but still uses the threads layout and sidebar.

http://www.fansfocus.com/forum/member/conferencetables.php?Cat=0 works
http://www.fansfocus.com/forum/member/conferencetables.php fails

(having said all that forum/index.php works without the Cat number )

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmmmm well I guess we can try and put in a IF(!$_GET[Cat]){$Cat = '0';} type function?

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
thanks scroungr! the i ran the SQL thing u said, and now it works! thanks.....

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
hello again. simple question i guess. How can i make all the pal boxes come closer together and not be so far appart? Where can i set that? thanks alot guys....

Old Hand
Old Hand
thats your padding options...under control panel->display options-> primary-> cell padding

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
hmm thanks, but it doesnt seem to come close enough how i want it. the closest i can get it is like for example: | |
so like those two lines. but id like to get them as close as like : || i cant seem to get them that close, no matter what number i put for padding.... any suggestions? thanks scroungr

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
put "0" in for padding

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
hmmm yes, i put that....and i do get them closer with the sidebar and the boards, but the index page (portal) and all the pals in it, are not as close.... is this even possible, to get them right next to eachother, it must be......thanks

Old Hand
Old Hand
I don't think its possible to get any closer than they are now.. I would suggest using JC's template if you are concerned about real estate...

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/120524/an/0/page/0#120524

the closest you will get is by changing these lines

Code
<br />	$spacer = "<strong>&middot;</strong>";<br />	$fullwidthStart = "<table border=\"0\" width=\"{$theme['tablewidth']}\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\" align=\"center\"><tr><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\"><script language=\"javascript\" type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"{$config['phpurl']}/pals/java/javapal.php\"></script>";<br />	$leftcolstart = "<table border=\"0\" width=\"{$theme['tablewidth']}\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\" align=\"center\"><tr><td width=\"{$configpal['leftcolumn']}\" align=\"left\" valign=\"top\"><script language=\"javascript\" type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"{$config['phpurl']}/pals/java/javapal.php\"></script>";<br />	$midcolstart = "</td><td><table width=\"15\"><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td width=\"{$configpal['centercolumn']}\" align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">";<br />	$rightcolstart = "</td><td><table width=\"15\"><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td width=\"{$configpal['rightcolumn']}\" align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">";<br />	$widerightcolstart = "</td><td><table width=\"15\"><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td width=\"{$configpal['widerightcolumn']}\" align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">";<br />	$endcolumns = "</td></tr></table>";<br />

to these

Code
<br />	$spacer = "<strong>&middot;</strong>";<br />	$fullwidthStart = "<table border=\"0\" width=\"{$theme['tablewidth']}\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\" align=\"center\"><tr><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\"><script language=\"javascript\" type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"{$config['phpurl']}/pals/java/javapal.php\"></script>";<br />	$leftcolstart = "<table border=\"0\" width=\"{$theme['tablewidth']}\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\" align=\"center\"><tr><td width=\"{$configpal['leftcolumn']}\" align=\"left\" valign=\"top\"><script language=\"javascript\" type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"{$config['phpurl']}/pals/java/javapal.php\"></script>";<br />	$midcolstart = "</td><td width=\"{$configpal['centercolumn']}\" align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">";<br />	$rightcolstart = "</td><td width=\"{$configpal['rightcolumn']}\" align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">";<br />	$widerightcolstart = "</td><td><table width=\"0\"><tr><td></td></tr></table></td><td width=\"{$configpal['widerightcolumn']}\" align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">";<br />	$endcolumns = "</td></tr></table>";<br />

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
im sorry, where would i change that code? in what file? thanks

Old Hand
Old Hand
index.php

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
its ok i got it, thanks, that made it as close as i wanted. thanks

Just looking through error logs and see several of these:

Script: /home/socaps/public_html/ubbthreads/pals/topthreadspal.php - Line: 62
SELECT B_Number,B_Posted,B_Last_Post,B_Subject,B_Main,B_Replies,B_Counter,B_Board
FROM w3t_Posts
WHERE B_Number = B_Main
AND B_Last_Post > '1096511742'
AND B_Approved = 'yes'

AND (B_Board = 'UER' OR B_Board = 'PER' OR B_Board = 'psd' OR B_Board = 'oldpsd' OR B_Board = 'fd' OR B_Board = '69fd' OR B_Board = 'order' OR B_Board = 'racing' OR B_Board = 'anything' OR B_Board = '4sale' OR B_Board = 'chat' OR B_Board = 'ua' OR B_Board = '990373psd' OR B_Board = 'TH' OR B_Board = 'polls' OR B_Board = 'jokes' OR B_Board = 'special')
ORDER BY B_Replies DESC
LIMIT 5

Power User
Power User
Just a stupid question here with the instructions as I don't know that much about the coding here.

In this section of the instructions it says this

## in /ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php include the configpal.php:
##

## FIND

require_once("$configdir/config.inc.php");
require_once("$thispath/mysql.inc.php");
require_once("$thispath/includes/theme.inc.php");

## ADD BELOW IT

@require_once("$thispath/includes/configpal.inc.php");

My question is the @ suppose to be in front of the require as it isn't on any of the other ones. If it is suppose to be there can you tell me why as I am trying to learn this stuff.

Thank you

Old Hand
Old Hand
the @ is there in case there are any problems with the configpal.inc.php it won't display an error..

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]BWilliams said:
Just looking through error logs and see several of these:

Script: /home/socaps/public_html/ubbthreads/pals/topthreadspal.php - Line: 62
SELECT B_Number,B_Posted,B_Last_Post,B_Subject,B_Main,B_Replies,B_Counter,B_Board
FROM w3t_Posts
WHERE B_Number = B_Main
AND B_Last_Post > '1096511742'
AND B_Approved = 'yes'

AND (B_Board = 'UER' OR B_Board = 'PER' OR B_Board = 'psd' OR B_Board = 'oldpsd' OR B_Board = 'fd' OR B_Board = '69fd' OR B_Board = 'order' OR B_Board = 'racing' OR B_Board = 'anything' OR B_Board = '4sale' OR B_Board = 'chat' OR B_Board = 'ua' OR B_Board = '990373psd' OR B_Board = 'TH' OR B_Board = 'polls' OR B_Board = 'jokes' OR B_Board = 'special')
ORDER BY B_Replies DESC
LIMIT 5 [/]

Hmm thats kinda weird I will have to look into that

Someone else will want to test this, but the newspal seems to be stripping everything between HTML tags, whether you originally post using Markup or HTML.

I have a post similar to the following:
[]Latest Happenings going on.

Topic here

Topic stuff, blah blah. Topic stuff, blah blah. Topic stuff, blah blah. Topic stuff, blah blah. Topic stuff, blah blah. Topic stuff, blah blah. Topic stuff, blah blah. Topic stuff, blah blah.

More interesting stuff here

More interesting stuff occurring over here, come and read it. More interesting stuff occurring over here, come and read it. More interesting stuff occurring over here, come and read it.

And that is all.[/]

Now instead of that appearing on the Entrance page as properly formatted, it is appearing like below. Note the space where the first BOLD tag should have started...that is where all the missing text should be. It is not any accidental HTML (I checked the Source, that middle part of the post is stripped out).
[]Latest Happenings going on.

More interesting stuff occurring over here, come and read it. More interesting stuff occurring over here, come and read it. More interesting stuff occurring over here, come and read it.

And that is all.[/]

Have not looked at newspal, will open it tonight and tinker around.

FYI also, this happens regardless of whether you have your news text amount set to FULL, a number, or NONE.

Also, it is only counting the bytes that display (ie the wrong amount when you have code, or at least bolded text, but when you click on XX Bytes More, it DOES properly display the entire post.

Old Hand
Old Hand
well I didn't change anything but language strings in newspal so I am assuming this is how it has always worked...

Oh not saying you did, just something I found purely by accident.

It might only be the BOLD markup tag, I have not tried others yet.

Can anyone else who has IIP 6.5 loaded test this out and let me know if this is unique to me?

Just enter a news story, put something in bold (or other markup, but note what you used), and see if it displays properly on the Entrance page.

I tested this on a 6.4.4 setup of Forums/IIP, and the news works properly, so scroungr did not change the newspal, but something is goofing it up.

Old Hand
Old Hand
actually would be better if anyone using an OLDER version of IIP checks it out to see if it does the same thing

Well I thought the same thing and did just that (copied and pasted the exact post into an older IIP version).

Using IIP 5.4.4 the post was proper. Using IIP 6.5, it was as I listed above. So there is a glitch in there somewhere between the two that messes with the HTML input into a post by Markup Tags.

So far I have tested the COLOR tag, the BOLD tag, and the ITALICS tag, all of them cause this issue for the latest IIP version.

Trying to figure out why as well.

And scroungr, if I have not said it before, I LOVE having IIP updated.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Medar tell me what the Strip HTML boxes are set to under the IIP News Control Panel section?

sumofa...

That's probably it. I completely missed a setting along the way.

Yes, another fine ID-10-T error!

OK, yea, found that, said NO, it works fine.

Glad YOU knew about those, I never would have checked that, LOL! All these new IIP toys are making me go back and hit every page again to make sure I didn't miss any other cool new settings.

Thanks scroungr.

Old Hand
Old Hand
np glad it worked

Coder
Coder
While reviewing the languages files I notice several repeat of one and the same string. The best example in genericpal.php is: $pal_language['HERE'] = "HERE";

Lurker
Lurker
[]MattUK said:
OHhh i love updates.. but ive got a problem.

I've installed it and configured it up, but when you goto the front page you get

Sorry But Front Entrance is currently down for maintenance.

Even tho its configured.. what have I done wrong ?

ta! [/]

I'm getting this problem too, but I don't know how to fix it--help! Thanks.

Veteran
Veteran
Make sure that under 'Initial Setip' tab,

Is IIP Entrance Opened?
Set to Yes for normal operation

is set to Yes

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63