Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
barbiro #276552 11/02/2004 8:40 AM
Old Hand
Old Hand
cookies have to be set site wide to "/" in the UBBT6.5 and then I have the following settings in UBBT6.5

Allow Poll creation - All users
Allow Poll Voting: - Registered members

under IIP I have the following settings

Who can see polls? Everyone
Who can vote on polls? Registered

with these settings there is no way on my server to vote twice. I have tested it in every possible configuration.

Sponsored Links
234234 #276553 11/02/2004 3:41 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
My settings are exactly as above but I am still having that issue-could it be permission related?

barbiro #276554 11/02/2004 6:10 PM
Old Hand
Old Hand
OK I see why... UBBT 6.5 and below prior to the final release use to record votes using user numbers. Now they are recorded using IP asddresses..

its a bug see this post

http://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/38914/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

hence whyy mine works...

I have it comingt from a forum where I have set

Allow Poll Creation: All Users
Allow Poll Voting: All users

which is taking it by USER ID ... because its opposite of what it should be

234234 #276555 11/02/2004 7:45 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Thankyou once again scroungr

Coder
Coder
bug in topposterspal.php

search for:
Code
$TopPostersStorageString .= "<tr><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\"><a href=\"{$config['phpurl']}/showprofile.php/Cat/$Cat/User/$palUserNumber\">$palTopusername</a></td><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">$palTotalposts</td></tr>";

replace with:
Code
$TopPostersStorageString .= "<tr><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\"><a href=\"{$config['phpurl']}/showprofile.php?Cat=$Cat&User=$palUserNumber\">$palTopusername</a></td><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">$palTotalposts</td></tr>";

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
bug in currentthreadspal.php

search for:
Code
$myString .= "<tr><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">$spacer</td><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\"><a href=\"{$config['phpurl']}/showflat.php?Cat/$Cat/Number/$palNumber\">$palSubject</a></td></tr>";

replace with:
Code
$myString .= "<tr><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\">$spacer</td><td align=\"left\" valign=\"top\"><a href=\"{$config['phpurl']}/showflat.php/Cat/$Cat/Number/$palNumber\">$palSubject</a></td></tr>";

Old Hand
Old Hand
looks like spider friendly/unspiderfirlendly.. which specific files the ones in the spiderfriendly or the nonspiderfriendly directory?

Coder
Coder
I take the files from /pals/ not from /Unspiderfriendly/ so this should be the files for spiderfriendly.

/edit: if I use your original files and click the links Threads told me that this user doesnt exist or the thread cannot be found

Old Hand
Old Hand
okay cool will update them

I have a problem

I have followed the instructions.txt and when I log on as the admin account and click on IIP in control panel I get this web page

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmm can't resolve parentforum.org.. take a screen shot and let me see it.. btw it looks like the editconfigpal.php which is what ya should get..

Dont know if this helps

After clicking on this

[]http://www.parentforum.org/images/IIP1.gif[/]

I get this

What do you think?

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmm still can't resolve it.. it's not showing up here.. do me a favor and try and upload it here in the photos section or at www.couch-tomatoe.cc so I can take a look.

Here you go
My pics

Coder
Coder
can be a timeout from php or a size/memory limit. Seems to be a setting problem of the php server. Do you have access to the server error log file? Access the php info and check the settings.

I managed to get a few hours to look at this last night.
I removed all the files from 'pals' directory and uploaded again.
Ran the install and apart from a few minor code changes all worked

Old Hand
Old Hand
great to hear

Addict
Addict
I've updated the Swedish language files so they work with the new version.

Haven't bother to translate the configuration panel though.

I've attached a zip with the new genericpal.php if anyone wants it. Would be great if it could be included in the stock script.
Attachments
123277-iip65_swedish.zip (0 Bytes, 12 downloads)

Journeyman
Journeyman
I can't get the sidebar to show on my forums. (www.bogginfreaks.com)

Ok, I just re-opened a website I ran last spring. I upgraded the DB and got it working with a brand new install of 6.5.. .Everything is working awesome...

Sooo, I grab my favorite mod (IIP, here) and install it. I followed the instructions to the "T" and even did it all over again today for the second time, from scratch, just in case i messed up.

Then I came back here to this thread, and read it ALL... Every single post... TO see if there was a fix, or something I may have done wrong. There wasa couple posts, but nothing here solved the problems... (Other users had issues that Ihave made sure to take care of).

I have exhausted everything I can imagine. The control panel is set up. I have put a query to the DB to set everyones account to show the bar on the right. I did the settings in the control panel for the sidebar, and my main homepage IIP is working properly.

I have no idea what could be wrong here, and I hope someone can help. I can provide a login if need be.

Argh!

Deej

Do you know what, I have the same problem. I have given up and conceded to the fact I don't have a sidebar.

Old Hand
Old Hand
send me a PM

Kahuna
Kahuna
from way back in september...

[]scroungr said:
so you will need to play with this logic here in ubbt.inc.php

Code
<br />		if ($startpage != "mi" || $myhome) {<br />			$main = "ubbthreads/myhome.php";<br />		}<br /><br />		if ($from == "cp") {<br />			$main = "ubbthreads/admin/login.php";<br />		}<br /><br />		if ($startpage == "en") {<br />			$main = "index.php";<br />		}<br />

to get it right.. or do what I did and hardcade the MyHome [/]

i had to make a similar change to this, and got things working (i've only taken the "front page" feature from IIP 6.5 for now, in hopes of further developing this idea).

it all works now as it should, however... there is a pretty decent lag when i sign into my forums now, as the boards get "stuck" on the "start_page.php" page, leaving a 'white screen of death' for a solid 2-3 seconds before clicking in the selected page (in my case, index.php).

any way around that?

Old Hand
Old Hand
yes if your not using the front page I wouldn;t have played with that logic and left the original.

Kahuna
Kahuna
oh i am using a front page, its just not the index.php bundled with IIP. jcdex uses an index.php page, as well, and thats the destination i have set up as the first page i see when i log in.

however, thats the page that inexplicably causes the 2-3 second white page o'doom before hand

my browser, instead, launches the blank white start_page.php and hangs there for a few moments before loading up index.php

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmmm so you are using JCDEX's index.php? and while going to that it does the little white dance? Hmmm not sure. I don;t use JCDEX.. what instructions came with JCDEX?

Kahuna
Kahuna
im not sure if its actually the jcdex that is causing the conflict.

for example, if you just go to rkmbs.com, that redirects you to the index.php, without the white screen of death. and even everywhere on my boards, in the top menu on the right, i have a link that says "front page" which takes you to the index.php with no "white dance"

however, the auto-start page login option seems to be sending people to start_page.php (instead of directly to index.php, i guess), which seems to be bringin on the whiteness

...i think..

Old Hand
Old Hand
well I don't think it is anything IIP did either

The way the function works is the login.php page where you login into calls the start_page function located in your ubbt.inc.php.

this function sends them to the start_page.php

now the start_page.php sends them to the do_login function also located in ubbt.inc.php which then also calls the start_page function.

it is the start_page function that sends them to wherever via a meta refresh. if that logic is messed up then it won't send them to the right page.

Try setting the start_page function back to its original form and see if there is any change.

Also make sure your meta refresh is set to 0 in the line

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url=$main?Cat=$Cat">

Kahuna
Kahuna
ok...

i changed my display settings so that i'd start at the forum main page. i logged out and back in to test, which resulted in a half-a-second (and perfectly acceptible) white page o'death before going to the ubbthreads.php.

when changing the setting to lead me to my profile, i got similar results.

however, when i changed the setting to direct me to the index.php front page, even just setting that let me to a 3 second white screen, before accepting my settings, this time hanging on changedisplay.php

i logged out and back in and got the same 2-3 second white pause, on start_page.php

Old Hand
Old Hand
okay well I would go back to files BEFORE you touched them with the IIP and see what happens. IF it still happens it may be a issue with JCDEX which I have no idea

Old Hand
Old Hand
Fixed an issue with the sidebar instructions not indicating that you needed to upload the sidebar templates into the ubbthreads/templates/default directory. Also added Gardners Swedish Language Files to the upload.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
ah, that would explain my horrid experience with the sidebars

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Kahuna
Kahuna
ok, i tried undoing the IIP start page part.

no white page o'doom with just the jcdex.

Old Hand
Old Hand
ok well then theres the horse that will kick ya.. if your not using IIP and your using JCDex what was IIP added for? and send me a PM about it

Any clue on how to fix this:

Warning: array_multisort(): Array sizes are inconsistent in /home/xxxxx/public_html/ubbthreads/pals/eventspal.php(56) : eval()'d code on line 1
//2005

ehm Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
I'm having this odd erro on my forum usign 6.5 ad IIP 6.5.
When I click on 'NEXT' at "last seem" box, it keeps givin me the same users.
Also there is a piece of code there. (see my forum at
http://www.imigrar.com/forum/index.php?Cat=0
when you will the the "netx 10} " (note that '}')
I checked here and the code here looks perfect, so it must be some change I did but I can't find were.
Can you tell me were is the code for that Java Next?
So I can compare with the original and fix?
Thank you

234234 #276587 12/29/2004 3:30 AM
Lurker
Lurker
I'm getting server error 500, "Internal Server Error" when I run the index page. I've chmod'ed the pals directory 777, index.php 755. I've attached a copy of my index file. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the server's error logs so I can't give more details. There's is no .htaccess file in my ubbthreads directory where index.php is located.
Any help fixing this error would be appreciated.

Server info:
Linux box running Apache with PHP version 4.3.10
Attachments
124160-index.txt (0 Bytes, 67 downloads)

#276588 12/29/2004 5:00 PM
Old Hand
Old Hand
[]Any clue on how to fix this:

Warning: array_multisort(): Array sizes are inconsistent in /home/xxxxx/public_html/ubbthreads/pals/eventspal.php(56) : eval()'d code on line 1
//2005 [/]

sounds like empty events array. put an asterik * before the multisort it will suppress the error..

[]
I'm having this odd erro on my forum usign 6.5 ad IIP 6.5.
When I click on 'NEXT' at "last seem" box, it keeps givin me the same users.
Also there is a piece of code there. (see my forum at
http://www.imigrar.com/forum/index.php?Cat=0
when you will the the "netx 10} " (note that '}')
I checked here and the code here looks perfect, so it must be some change I did but I can't find were.
Can you tell me were is the code for that Java Next?
So I can compare with the original and fix?
Thank you [/]

according to Zarzal

[]
There seems to be a missing { in lastseenpal.php:

##find:
$myString .= "<tr><td align="right">...<a href="javascript: document.LastSeenBox.submit()"><em><strong>{$pal_language['NEXT']} $configpal[lastonDisplayNum]}</strong></em></a></td></tr>";
$myString2 .= "<tr><td align="right">...<a href="javascript: document.LastSeenBox.submit()"><em><strong>{$pal_language['NEXT']} $configpal[lastonDisplayNum]}</strong></em></a></td></tr>";

##replace with:
$myString .= "<tr><td align="right">...<a href="javascript: document.LastSeenBox.submit()"><em><strong>{$pal_language['NEXT']} {$configpal[lastonDisplayNum]}</strong></em></a></td></tr>";
$myString2 .= "<tr><td align="right">...<a href="javascript: document.LastSeenBox.submit()"><em><strong>{$pal_language['NEXT']} {$configpal[lastonDisplayNum]}</strong></em></a></td></tr>";
[/]

[]
I'm getting server error 500, "Internal Server Error" when I run the index page. I've chmod'ed the pals directory 777, index.php 755. I've attached a copy of my index file. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the server's error logs so I can't give more details. There's is no .htaccess file in my ubbthreads directory where index.php is located.
Any help fixing this error would be appreciated.

Server info:
Linux box running Apache with PHP version 4.3.10
[/]

could be a few things.. some server configurations don;t allow setting directories to 777 you really need acces to those error logs I suggest contacting your host and tll them you are
trying to track down an error.

ehm Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
I just re-install evertying (I had to for 6.5.1b4) and the same error still there.
If you just link to
http://www.imigrar.com/forum
(no need to login to see the error),
note the field "Passaram por aqui" (means Last Seen), number 4 at the midle, from the top.
Them click at "...proximos 10}" (next 10, and note that weird } ) and you will see the same 8 (not even 10) user over and over.
Any ideas?

Old Hand
Old Hand
create a login called Threadsdev with a password of threadsdev and I will check it out

ehm Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Done. you can try with Threadsdev/threadsdev

tks.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63