Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
for a start, just to let you know where I'm coming from, and that our users are somewhat close to insane:
our biggest thread has 1265 replies and 14943 views.
this thing is loading *forever*, I have no clue whatsoever, how they keep track of replies to single postings.

our busiest user has something over 20.000 postings, I have roughly 15.000 - and as an "official represantative blablading" of our site, I need to know if someone replies to me in one of our numerous forums, without subscribing to the entire thread, which would KILL my mailbox.

so we really really *need* more in depth subscription options.

Either a config setting in "my home" like
"email me replies to posts I made"
and / or
the ability not only to subscribe to entire threads / topics, but to subscribe to single postings or even branches of a thread.

I admit the "branches" feature could confuse some people, but introducing "favorite postings" in addition to "favorite threads" makes sense.
And if even that still seems to be too complicated for the average non-power-user, the aforementioned config option would be easy to understand, and a killer feature for us as well.

plz include this in 6.5, or, if there is a mod for this that I have overseen - slap me silly.

I strongly believe this feature would increase quality and quantity of communication drastically (hello page impressions), especially regarding power users!

Sponsored Links
coffee and code
coffee and code
isn't that what the difference between the "[]https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/images/addreminder.gif[/] Remind Me!" and the "Favorite Topic! (toggle)" buttons are for?

Also, if you are in your "My Home"... "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving forum posts by email, change message notifications, etc. " page, you can subscribe to ENTIRE forums...

...And while there, you can choose whether to have post reminders emailed to you, or not.

Please update me if I am not understanding your question correctly

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
id242, you don't recieve emails for replies to post reminders. They are there as, basically, bookmarks.

Flint does not want to receive all posts in one of his forums. He doesn't even want to recieve all reply's in the thread. He just wants to recieve replys to his post. Specifically his post, so that he can reply to every response to him, without having to wad through hundreds of posts to look for a response.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
My site commissioned a mod (coded by Joshpet) which adds an option to send email notification of replies made
only to your posts (the email contains the entire post btw).

Josh recently updated it to v6.4

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/104692/an/0/page/0#104692

Not sure if this will work cleanly with v6.5 though. Try it and see I guess, after backing up the changed files.

Lurker
Lurker
Anybody got this working in 6.5 yet?

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63