Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Old Hand
Old Hand
zaral sure you have the latest version? i thought I fixed that bug?

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
I download the version with the fixed install script (xxxx1.gif replaced bei xxxx.gif) and compared it to my version. No other changes. I will do a second compare but I m sure to use the right version

/edit: compare done. I be sure. I use your archive with instarcade.php date 30.09.2004 08:32

Last edited by Zarzal; 10/01/2004 10:37 AM.
Old Hand
Old Hand
for some reason it took my cache copy not the upload copy so I just uploaded it again

Coder
Coder
thanks for the new upload, Avatar fixed.

Coder
Coder
There is a missing usernamestring in the template if you challenge someone.

between $ubbt_lang['NOPREVCHAL'] and ['NOPREVCHAL_2'] should be the name of the challenged one.

in the template is:

Code
<td class="lighttable" align="center">{$ubbt_lang['NOPREVCHAL']} <strong>$user[username]</strong> {$ubbt_lang['NOPREVCHAL_2']}

but it seems that it doenst work as it should. the name is not show

Last edited by Zarzal; 10/01/2004 4:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
change above to

<td class="lighttable" align="center">{$ubbt_lang['NOPREVCHAL']} <strong>$challenged[U_Username]</strong> {$ubbt_lang['NOPREVCHAL_2']}

Old Hand
Old Hand
i think the upload is updated now

sweeet, working fine on my forum thanks now where can I get good games

Lurker
Lurker
WOW i love the weather page !! man thats AWSOME

I checked the database and I don't see any of those tables to delete. The install script looks like it bypassed installing them unless I missed something.

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
ok then smiles if the tables for the arcade arent in the threads database then just try and reinstall the arcade but I would double check and make sure in your threads database you don't have the following tables w3t_arcadesettings, w3t_gamechallenges, w3t_gamenews w3t_games, w3t_gamesessions

if any of them are there then delete THAT table and then try reinstall

none exist
I click accept and it says I need "You need to install UBBThreads prior to installing this mod "

Old Hand
Old Hand
what version of threads you running? 6.4.1? Hmmm you did put the arcade in <your ubbthreads directory>/arcade and the install script into <your ubbthreads directory> right? Cause it uses include("main.inc.php"); and include("includes/main.inc.php"); to detect whichversion of threads you are running?

scorungr,

Thanks a bunch for the game dude. Now I have question, when I add a new game, do I need to do it through FTP or in the arcade game admin where its say add new game?

Also where I can get the games that Threadsdev have installed?

Thanks dude

Old Hand
Old Hand
you can use the arcadeadmin script just make sure to use the name of the swf file for the shortname WITHOUT the swf extension.. and basically any v3arcade game works..

aha, now what if I made a mistake, is there anyway I can delete them?. rather than disable them?

Old Hand
Old Hand
manually if you go into the w3t_games table and manually delete em..

thanks

yup thats where I got it at..why it don't read it puzzles me too.

scroungr,

When I used the web interface to upload a .swf game and its avatar, it only created tables for it. I still had to ftp the .swf game files and the avatars to the appropriate containing folders in order to present anything other than the default games that came with the original script.

No biggy, got them all working by ftp'ing files manually.

fyi,

Jason

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmmm are the games and images directory set to 777?

Nope, I had them set to 755. Didn't occur to me to update the permissions on the folders since I'm owner. Anyway, thanks, I'm sure that's what the issue was.

Coder
Coder
you are the owner but with Apache the upload is done with permissions of the server, not the owner.

Ahhhh... I see. Funny I didn't get any permission/sql errors when uploading the .swf and .gif files via the browser. In any case, all's fine!

So I found a few games on IPB that might be fun to have on this, but out of all the "arcade" mods I have found, they did theirs differently (bastages).

So I am debating trying to write a pass-through script that will re-label the data passed from the IPB scoring mechanism (and games), and pass the information into arcade.php.

Debating...

Here is an odd one.

After finishing a challenge (I have games 1.6 installed in September), it listed me in the NEWS section as the new champion.

However, I was not the new champ, and it did not reflect my score as such (which was proper).

So somewhere in the challenge script it is telling the NEWS to update people as the new Champ, even if they are not.

?

Have not looked at it much yet, will do so later.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I found an error I believe:

If you go into a user's profile and click on "Arcade Stats" it'll show you that person's stats, but the avatar they show is that of the person reading the page. For example, I click on Arcade Stats in Medar's profile, but my avatar is next to his name

Old Hand
Old Hand
can;t use ipb games they are totally whacked.. I converted a few to v3 arcade type and well lets say v3 passes alot more variables in the flash and ipb passes em via the url...

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]donJulio said:
I found an error I believe:

If you go into a user's profile and click on "Arcade Stats" it'll show you that person's stats, but the avatar they show is that of the person reading the page. For example, I click on Arcade Stats in Medar's profile, but my avatar is next to his name [/]

yeah was fixed in main zip just not on this site just fixed it on this site...

Old Hand
Old Hand
hmm should say

couchtomatoe has defeated scroungr in an game of Arkanoid!

Yea, figured that out tonight, IPB arcade is a hosed way of doing it.

Scratch that one!

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]scroungr said:
hmm should say

couchtomatoe has defeated scroungr in an game of Arkanoid! [/]

which is developed in these lines

Code
				if($challenge['score']<$currentgame['score']) {<br />					$winner=$challenge['challengername'];<br />					$newstext = addslashes("{$challenge['challengername']} {$ubbt_lang['HASDEFEATED']} {$challenge['challengedname']} {$ubbt_lang['INARCADECHAL']} {$challenge[title]}!");<br />				} elseif ($challenge['score']>$currentgame['score']) {<br />					$winner=$challenge['challengedname'];<br />					$newstext = addslashes("{$challenge['challengedname']} {$ubbt_lang['HASDEFEATED']} {$challenge['challengername']} {$ubbt_lang['INARCADECHAL']} {$challenge[title]}!");<br />				} else {<br />					$winner="{$ubbt_lang['TIEGAME']}";<br />					$newstext = addslashes("{$challenge['challengedname']} & {$challenge['challengername']} {$ubbt_lang['HAVEDUELED']} {$challenge[title]}!");<br />				}

Will check out my code to verify it is proper. I do have 1.6 loaded, but I know I am not the latest uploaded version of it (latest minor fixes).

That portion seems to be working, it is just adding a bit of data to it.

[]Warz is the new Mini-Golf Champion! 10/05/04 06:00 PM
Warz has defeated Medar in an game of Mini-Golf! 10/05/04 06:00 PM
Medar is the new Mini-Golf Champion! 10/05/04 05:28 PM
[/]

So it does display the result, but also adds the "champion" statement in there as well, even though neither Warz nor myself beat the properly listed high score.

Coder
Coder
if someone like german language files for this great add-on you can download the attached zip file. Not a perfect translation but a good start.
Attachments
121004-arcade_german.zip (0 Bytes, 21 downloads)

This is the ONLY thing I can come up with to figure out why "New Champion" text is showing up each time we play a challenge.

In the SETTINGS, if you set "Show all challenge scores?" to NO - everything works fine.

If you set it to YES - it says that each person playing the challenge is the New Champion for that game (only in the news, it does not change the high scores).

The code that I am questioning is right here, but I have to go to a meeting and have not looked at it in detail yet. JUST figured this out.

Code
<br />if ($arcadepermissions['challengescores'] == 1) {<br />	$query = "<br />		SELECT COUNT(*) + 1<br />		FROM {$config['tbprefix']}gamesessions<br />		WHERE score > '$currentgame[score]'<br />		AND valid=1<br />		AND gamename='$challenge[shortname]'<br />	";<br />	$sth = $dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);<br />	$position = $dbh->total_rows($sth);<br />	if ($position==1) {<br />		$query = "UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}games<br />SET highscore='$currentgame[score]',highscorerid='$user[U_Number]'<br />WHERE shortname='$challenge[shortname]'<br />		";<br />		$dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);<br />		if ($currentgame['highscorerid']!='$user[U_Number]') {<br />$newstext = addslashes("{$user['U_Username']} {$ubbt_lang['ISNEW']} {$challenge[title]} {$ubbt_lang['CHAMPION']}!");<br />$query = "INSERT INTO {$config['tbprefix']}gamenews<br />	(newstext,newstype,datestamp) <br />	VALUES('$newstext','newchamp','$servertime')<br />";<br />$dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);<br />		}<br />	}<br />}<br />

Old Hand
Old Hand
probably sopmething in these lines

if ($currentgame['highscorerid']!='$user[U_Number]') {

will take a look

Old Hand
Old Hand
Medar try this and tell me if it works

Find

Code
<br />if ($arcadepermissions['challengescores'] == 1) {<br />	$query = "<br />		SELECT COUNT(*) + 1<br />		FROM {$config['tbprefix']}gamesessions<br />		WHERE score > '$currentgame[score]'<br />		AND valid=1<br />		AND gamename='$challenge[shortname]'<br />	";<br />	$sth = $dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);<br />	$position = $dbh->total_rows($sth);<br />	if ($position==1) {<br />		$query = "UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}games<br />SET highscore='$currentgame[score]',highscorerid='$user[U_Number]'<br />WHERE shortname='$challenge[shortname]'<br />		";<br />		$dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);<br />		if ($currentgame['highscorerid']!='$user[U_Number]') {<br />$newstext = addslashes("{$user['U_Username']} {$ubbt_lang['ISNEW']} {$challenge[title]} {$ubbt_lang['CHAMPION']}!");<br />$query = "INSERT INTO {$config['tbprefix']}gamenews<br />	(newstext,newstype,datestamp) <br />	VALUES('$newstext','newchamp','$servertime')<br />";<br />$dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);<br />		}<br />	}<br />}<br />

change to

Code
<br />			if ($arcadepermissions['challengescores'] == 1) {<br />				$query = "<br />					SELECT COUNT(*)<br />					FROM {$config['tbprefix']}gamesessions<br />					WHERE score > '$currentgame[score]'<br />					AND valid=1<br />					AND gamename='$challenge[shortname]'<br />				";<br />				$sth = $dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);<br />				$position = $dbh->total_rows($sth);<br />				if ($position < 1) {<br />					$query = "UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}games<br />						SET highscore='$currentgame[score]',highscorerid='$user[U_Number]'<br />						WHERE shortname='$challenge[shortname]'<br />					";<br />					$dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);<br />					if ($currentgame['highscorerid']!='$user[U_Number]') {<br />						$newstext = addslashes("{$user['U_Username']} {$ubbt_lang['ISNEW']} {$challenge[title]} {$ubbt_lang['CHAMPION']}!");<br />						$query = "INSERT INTO {$config['tbprefix']}gamenews<br />							(newstext,newstype,datestamp) <br />							VALUES('$newstext','newchamp','$servertime')<br />						";<br />						$dbh -> do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);<br />					}<br />				}<br />			}<br />

I'm a little late to the party but I just wanted to say that the Game Arcade is absolutely brilliant. It may be one of the most popular mods we've ever added to the BB. It has certainly met with more enthusiasm than all the new features in 6.5 combined. I really appreciate your work on this one and I know my members do too.

I've come across a few minor bugs but nothing too serious. However, there are two relatively major issues with the script I was curious if you're going to address. The first is the inordinate number of queries generated by the arcade index. I have 60 games in my arcade, and when they all have high score information stored it takes a whopping 200 queries to build the page. This actually makes arcade.php one of the slowest and most resource-intensive scripts on my site. The problem is that mySQL queries are nested within loops, leading to additional queries the more games you have installed. If you were to retrieve all the information at once with one or two queries, and then store it in arrays to be used by the rest of the script, I think you could improve the performance enormously. For an arcade the size of mine (or yours) it would probably be possible to get the number of queries down from 200+ to something like 5. So this is the first thing I'd like to see.

The second question I have is about the w3t_gamesessions table. In just one day on my site, it grew by over 3,000 rows. Clearly, some of these are necessary since they contain a user's score information and comments. However, there does not appear to be a mechanism in place to expire sessions which never get a 'finish', 'valid' or 'score' value. Anyone who views a game immediately creates a new row in the database, whether they actually play the game through to completion or not. At this rate my sessions table will be quite huge in a year, and although its size pales in comparison to something like the posts table, I hate to see so much unnecessary information being stored and consuming resources.

So these are my two main gripes and I'd really love to see them fixed. It's a testament to the quality of your script that we're still enthusiastically running it even with these issues, but I'm worried that they may become problems down the road if they aren't checked out. So how about it? If I send you a $50 donation will you look into those problems? Actually, I'm going to donate anyway but it sure would sweeten the deal for me. And maybe for people who have been thinking about donating, this would provide the needed incentive.

Anyway thank you again for this great mod!

-Y

Old Hand
Old Hand
Actually 1.7 which I am working on now will address these issues and more. It will also include Categories and if I can get time to work on them. Brackets for Tournaments. 1.7 may come out without the brackets and then 1.8 will come out with them. Its just that since I bought the house I been doing alot of puttering around like mowing, chainsawing trees, etc but now with winter approaching I will find more time and will hopefully get 1.7 out before Election Time..

You're the best roungr. By the way did I mention your script rocks?

I'll be eagerly anticipating the new versions and I'll send over that donation shortly. Keep up the great work!

-Y

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63