Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#64072 07/11/2002 10:10 PM
What do you think are the 3 most important aspects of your board that make it good. (Eg. Members, design etc.)

Sponsored Links
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
1. The atmosphere of equality for the members regardless of their length of time as a member, their level of knowledge or their platform of choice.

2. The moderators are involved, fair and honestly interested and knowledgable in the subjects that thier forums cover.

3. I feel that a key factor is the fact that my Wife and I (the only two admins) care about the community at the human level and listen to the members and their needs. That doesn't mean that Netwerkin is a democracy because it isn't but we are flexible and are always available via e-mail and usually ICQ.

A sidenote if I may;

Every community has problems with people that are only there to cause problems and disturb the community in general. When I have to ban someone it is done quietly. I usually prune their posts and ban their account, and IP. The Netwerkin members rarely know that it even happened. If these people don't get any attention they tend to get bored and go away.

Your community is almost too good TheX. tipsy
And your wife is very, very funny. tipsy

I think that the best community Ive ever been invloved with online is either GameGossip or this one right here smile

I Cannot Support Ubb Via ICQ or MSN.
Not because I dont want to its just I cant. tipsy
Kahuna
Kahuna
since "members" is a lil bit of an understated comment in regards to 'top 3', ill list the top 3 reasons that my MEMBERS make my boards good:

• 1) honesty - people come to my boards to speak their minds, for better or for worse. their screen name is "THEM: online" -- no false representations.
  • 2) diversity - i gots guys and gals from every make, country, category, creed, etc. everyone is different and it makes my forums a nice lil melting pot smile
  • 3) balance - all my members are seemingly able to handle just as many serious, deep posts as they are the light hearted, crazy ones.

Sponsored Links
CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
The top 3 things that make up my community...

1) Kindness - Flaming seldom happens on my UBB, and everyone is willing to help out the next guy. I find that great, which is why I help people here, on my own UBB and other boards I go to.

2) Equality - Most of my Mods treat themselves as if they were normal members (just the occasional 1 or 2 think they automatically gain respect because they have authority, but none ever abuse their power).

3) The community itself - You can't make a good community, it makes itself. Kind members, decent posts, little flaming, great people in authority. I know many boards that follow this pattern, UBBDev included. It makes everyones' stay in the community that little bit better. smile

Coder
Coder
I like to think Hostboard as being comprised of many (over 1400 at the moment) individual communities were we provide a web based application service that engages business and individuals to build, join and participate in customized and personalized online communities that they build.

This then allows users to traverse any one of these communities all under 1 roof.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Forum Statistics
Forums63