Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 41
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
User
User
Well..tried the 602 login fix. Fixed the error msg Still Dont switch to status box
Think I better disable this one and go ahead without it.

Tim

Sponsored Links
User
User
doubleposted ?

Last edited by voidvoid; 08/20/2002 4:11 AM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I'll download 6.0.3 sometime today and see what may have changed and post the fix.

Lurker
Lurker
Can use this with my ubb.threads 6.0 ?

I dont have the 6.0.2 version yet...and if i WAS to update to 6.0.2, would i loose anything ? like members, posts, pms ?

Journeyman
Journeyman
Man this is a long thread! This looks really good! I'm running 6.0.3 so as soon as you make whatever changes you may need to I'm definately gunna give it a try...I was wondering how I'de work my main page out
It's nice because you don't have to put the threads in a frame for a nice main page appearance...and also if you have multiple stylesheets, they'll work just as well with the main page...can't wait to get this one going!

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
You should be able to use it with 6.0 but I would recommend upgrading to 6.0.3 to fix some security holes.

I just installed this on 6.0.3 and when I call index.php from my browser I get 4 different SQL errors similiar to the one below.

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT B_Number,B_Posted,B_Last_Post,B_Username,B_Subject,B_Main,B_Replies,B_Counter,B_Board FROM w3t_Posts WHERE B_Number = B_Main AND B_Posted > '1029813026' AND B_Replies > '10' AND () ORDER BY B_Replies DESC LIMIT 0,1
You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') ORDER BY B_Replies DESC LIMIT 0,1 ' at line 7
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ubbthreads\mysql.inc.php on line 83

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
The and statement has no board keywords appended to it.

AND ()

Have you created any boards? Is this on a new install? Are you logged in? If not are there boards available for viewing by guests?

User
User
Hi,

I've got no pictures on my frontpage. The hottopic icon or the spotlight icon does not show. Also, all icons in the newsposting does not show up. These 2 are perhaps not related, but is there anyone who can give me a tip as where to look?

Tim

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
posted by voidvoid:
Well..tried the 602 login fix. Fixed the error msg Still Dont switch to status box
Think I better disable this one and go ahead without it.

Tim

Are your cookies set site wide? The status box will not appear if the page is unable to authorize the viewer. The cookie path should be set to "/" in your config.inc.php file.

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Check your configpal.php script and make sure the variable below has the correct URL to the location of the pal images directory with no trailing slash added at the end.

// url to palimages directory (no trailing slash / )
$url2palimagesDirectory = "http://www.chattersonline.com/test/pals/palimages";

User
User
Well, done that...I stil dont have palimages on my frontpage (standard various ubbthreads images are displayed though).

See for yourself www.ateist.org. For example the hottopics icon is located at http://www.ateist.org/pals/palimages/hottopic.gif and my setting is:

// url to palimages directory (no trailing slash / )
$url2palimagesDirectory = "http://www.ateist.org/pals/palimages";

Any ideas?

Tim

Last edited by voidvoid; 08/21/2002 11:48 AM.
Hi! I was wondering if there is a way to add new custom pals to this? I'm sort of just getting started with stuff and and learning as I go. I wanted to add my own menu with additional links. Thanks for any input.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Have you moved the "palimages" folder out of the .threads directory? I think I had inteneded the URL variables to be used in the index page or something like that... lol In any case the best place for the "pals" folder is inside your .threads directory. All of the folders located inside of the "pals" folder should remain in place.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
You could edit menupal.php to include your additional links.

User
User
posted by JustDave:
Have you moved the "palimages" folder out of the .threads directory? I think I had inteneded the URL variables to be used in the index page or something like that... lol In any case the best place for the "pals" folder is inside your .threads directory. All of the folders located inside of the "pals" folder should remain in place.

Yep...its moved out of the threads folder. I like it tidy. But I'll give it a try

Tim

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
This thread is too long...
Has any one considered spliting it up or locking it?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It's got to hit 400 so Dave can hold the all time record.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
posted by oceanwest:
This thread is too long...
Has any one considered spliting it up or locking it?

nah... splitting it up has never crossed my mind... lol

Will lock it when the new IIP is out so the next one can catch up. (and pass?)

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Only 22 more to go... lol

Wait, make that 21... this counts. LoL

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Dave I just installed IIP and it's not working...
http://www.fmforums.com/threads/index.php Nothing shows up and the browser doesn't even display anything.

Any sugguestions?

I am on 6.0.3

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
My browser says the page can not be displayed?

I tried just going to http://www.fmforums.com/threads/ so that the index would load but that didn't work either. I was taken to the ubbthreads.php page. I'm not sure what could be going on as I can't get to the index page...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Ok I turned off the forums, I will try and turn on a forum again to see if it will display the forum. Right now it is coming up but with out fourms...

User
User
Any reson why I should get a :

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT U_Username,U_Homepage FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Homepage != '' ORDER BY U_Username ASC MAX 50
You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'MAX 50 ' at line 6

When trying to see mebersites? (You can see it here http://www.ateist.org/index.php?Cat=&paction=membersites )

(Sorry about all this fuzz, but I'm actually trying to put PAL into comission At least we're going for the 400 record )

Tim

Last edited by voidvoid; 08/21/2002 3:30 PM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
What type of database is being used?

The "MAX 50" should probably be the limit. "LIMIT 50"

Not sure why it's putting in "MAX"

The begining of your membersitespal.php should look something like this:
code:

$query = "
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM w3t_Users
WHERE U_Homepage != ''
";
$sth = $dbh -> do_query($query);
list($totalsites) = $dbh -> fetch_array($sth);
$dbh -> finish_sth($sth);

if (!$page) {$page = 1;}
if($page == 1) {
$Totalgrab = 50;
}else{
$Startat = (($page-1) * 50);
$Totalgrab = "$Startat, 50";
}
$limitit = "LIMIT $Totalgrab";

if ($totalsites > 0) {
$query = "
SELECT U_Username,U_Homepage
FROM w3t_Users
WHERE U_Homepage != ''
ORDER BY U_Username ASC
$limitit
";
$sth = $dbh -> do_query($query);
}

has this been changed at all?

JustDave,
Thanks! I had to make some of my boards viewable by guests.

Bill

Addict
Addict
Hey dave.. just to keep us interested, any update on 5.0? New features, what's left to be finished, when you expect it out, or an online beta you may have setup?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I'm about a week or two away from opening up my beta to the public. I been trying to get php installed on my computer so I can upgrade a copy of my main site's database to use for testing but so far have not had any success. I really need to switch to linux...

Every script has changed, almost completely. IIP now follows the same pattern that .threads does, with seperate language files and template based display along with a configure file that can be edited from the admin area. All pal boxes and external scripts also display their related generation times and query counts next to their title when debug mode is on and are only visible to admins. This debug mode is a seperate setting from the .threads one.

At this moment I'm working on getting a calendar finished and all related scripts working correctly. This isn't based on the calendar addon Max has been working on though. I think the only thing closely in common is that I also am using an extra field in the w3t_Boards table to signify if a board has a related calendar. All of the calendar data is stored in a table of it's own to keep the w3t_Posts table from having to carry it. Two new fields will also be needed in the w3t_Users table to store a birthday timestamp and the option of displaying it to the public. I haven't even gotten to this part for the calendar though...

There's more but I just haven't been keeping track... lol Once it is ready for prime time I'll have to get some documentation created for it and go over each box and whatnot. Heck, just that may take a month or two... LoL

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Wow Dave.
You've been amazingly busy.... plus all that you do here.

IndexPal will be a MUST have for threads for sure.

Thank you!

User
User
Ok,

Now I've got my images (move the pals folder inside threads) and my member sites are shown just fine. So far so good

But I've got just 1 one problem...I cant get threads (admin panel mails) or pals (recommendus) mailing to work. I've tested the mailing capabillity on my server with this script:

<?php
print mail ('[email protected]',
'No need for reply -- PHP test!', /* subject */
"hi John\nLine 2\n"); /* body */
?>

and that works just fine.

Why wont threads or pals do the mailing

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
This is a new one... lol I'm not sure why it's not working.

What type of OS is this running on? Unix or Windows or perhaps a Mac? (OS X is Unix, well Linux I guess)

User
User
Damm...I'd hoped this was a simple one
Oh, I'm running on a w2k server.
Tim

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I hate to say it but I'm completely lost when it comes to setting this stuff up on a windows box...

Addict
Addict
Dave, sounds awesome, I can't wait!

Soon you're going to need to start your own website and give it a cool name, have it available on hotscripts.com

Just curious about the calendar you're doing. Say we already have a fairly active calendar by max, how hard/easy will it be to import the data into yours? Probably not too easy, I understand.

Worse comes to worse I spend an hour or two just reposting all the events, but if it works with your IIP it will be all worth it!

Lastly, I can't remember what you said about custom pal boxes, if you have made that a standard feature or not or that would be something we would have to do on our own? I'm just looking to put a weather pal box on our site, just wondering if I need to do it all myself, or if the empty pal is there and you just need to insert the code, etc.

Thanks for all the hard work.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
There is 6 empty pal boxes, 2 for each column, that can be used to paste html code into. PHP code could also be used as long as the template's format is followed. These empty pal boxes have a setting to be displayed to guest only (advertising perhaps) or members only or both. There is also some general "titles" in the language file for these boxes. I probably didnt think of enough but I added "Advertisment", "Sponsored by" and "Please Visit".

I would like to set up a table that could be used to store custom html for a specified box to make things easier when changing code or even allow for some sort of rotation. This isn't something that I'll be getting to soon though.

One of the things I have yet to work on is allowing for easy on/off toggling of all pal boxes. I want to make it template dependant so I will be trying to set something up for the admin to just check or uncheck a check box to turn them on or off when editing the templates.

Addict
Addict
Awesome idea for the admin management of of pal boxes!

And I see what you're saying, that's great. I do want to have an advertisement, or a "sponsor us" box with a donation button and such, so that would be a great enhancement to my site.

User
User
Just for the record ...(pun intended )...here an explanation :http://community.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=729094322&f=6183028913&m=5643046766

Thanks for your time and effort.
Tim

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Thanks

I was wondering if that was something 6.1 has addressed or not.

Lurker
Lurker
Login error

humm I know the login pal box fix was posted but I can't find it can someone point me to it

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63