Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
coffee and code
coffee and code
DOWNLOAD: RECENT VERSION IS ATTACHED TO ONE OF MY MORE RECENT POSTS (BELOW)

The file includes all of my new images and they are in the correct locations.

The main Admin page has been tweaked a bit and will explain exactly what that DB error is when first running the ADD-ON (as the original author of this ADD-ON first wrote with it)

The Links files are now completely inside the UBBT tree and fit correctly with all of the UBBT Tree formatting (the PHP security errors that 'ksanuk' has listed, should now be corrected because of this new file location structure)

I've included my MODIFIED files in this archive, along with all the ORIGINAL files (two separate directories when extracted)

Installation is simple, if this is a new install, just copy all the file from the "MODIFIED_FILES" inside the archive to your UBBT directory - since all the files in this dir are NEW, nothing will be over written.

then log into your forum administrator account and type http://www.yoursite.com/ubbthreads/links.php and choose "ADMIN" from the bottom right corner and follow the directions from there - everything else is self explanatory.

Enjoy!

All base coding is the work of fishtails - the only thing that has done is modified it to be HTTP/PHP/UBBT compliant and made it look spiffy

Last edited by id242; 12/07/2003 11:56 PM.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Sponsored Links
coffee and code
coffee and code
By the way - I've added the ability to add a desription to the categories... but you will need to manualy edit that description through your fav MySQL interface

EXAMPLE:

[]https://www.ubbdev.com/uploads/101206-screen.jpg[/]
Attachments
101206-screen.jpg (0 Bytes, 302 downloads)

Hi,

Thanks. Will try adding this over the weekend.

Sanuk!

Hi,

I got some database errors when running this

The error message I received, when creating the tables, was this :
SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: CREATE TABLE w3t_links_categories ( cat_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, parent_id int(11) default NULL, title varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', cat_desc varchar(60) default NULL '', cat_order tinyint(10) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (cat_id) )
You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''', cat_order tinyint(10) NOT NULL default '0', ' at line 8Database tables have been created. You can now add categories and links.

Any idea what messed up? And how I can fix it?
Also, will the other 2 tables have been created, or did the script stop when this error occured?

Sanuk!

is there a way to sort the subcatagories for the drop down list? I have a lot of subcats and they run together on the list to pick. I am using prefixes in front of the sub cats now so I can pick them out.

Thanks for the help... mine looks very nice and after I pulled my head out of the sand I figured out you put the files into the main threads directories. Thats why I was having trouble with my install.

Sponsored Links
coffee and code
coffee and code
It would be nice to have this contribution only show CATS/SUB-CATS if there are links in it. ie; no link, the end-user will not see the CAT and thus will not waste their time visiting that zone

Oh my request is for a sort when using the "submit a link" The drop down box is not sorted properly and makes submitting difficult. It might just be a small tweak on the links_submit_form.tmpl or the links_submit_form.php

The form is... but how do I sort.
[]
<form action="links.php?op=Add_Link" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="cat_id" value="$cat_id">
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">
<tr><td align="right"><b>{$ubbt_lang['LINKS_SUBMIT_SELECT']}</b></td>
<td> [/]

should this be by cat_order instead?

Last edited by Smilesforu; 12/07/2003 3:46 AM.
coffee and code
coffee and code
To sort the "Select Category" drop down menu...

in links_submit_form.php,

FIND:
$query = "SELECT * FROM {$config['tbprefix']}links_categories";

REPLACE WITH:
$query = "SELECT * FROM {$config['tbprefix']}links_categories ORDER BY title";

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
thank you for your work on this... very nice

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I get this when trying to install new:

[]
SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: CREATE TABLE w3t_links_categories ( cat_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, parent_id int(11) default NULL, title varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', cat_desc varchar(60) default NULL '', cat_order tinyint(10) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (cat_id) )
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''', cat_order tinyint(10) NOT NULL defaDatabase tables have been created. You can now add categories and links.
[/]

any idea what the prob might be?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
the image links in the templates need to have

"../images/

changed to:

"images/

and the images in the zip file need to be moved to images/links

any help with the table creation would be swell

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hi,

Got the exact same error.
Just wondering, should there be quotes around the 0 (i.e. should this "default '0'", be "default 0")? I mean we are creating an integer, but trying to fill it with a char / string. Does not sound logical to me.

Sanuk!

coffee and code
coffee and code
The DB Error was fixed in any download after 12/5/2003. It was due to the addition of the 'Category Description', as posted the screen shot above.

If you currently have a previous version running and just want to update with my modified version, run the following SQL statement to update your database with the new description column.

ALTER TABLE 'ubb_links_categories` ADD `cat_desc` CHAR(60) DEFAULT NULL

I've updated this archive again, with alternative icons to fit your forum's setup much nicer. The alternative icons can be found inside ubbt/icons/links_alt-icons directory - just rename and overwrite your previous ones.

I've also corrected the problem of duplicate "new.gif" icon (forum and links calling the same file), by calling the links icon "newlink.gif" and updated the links php files to reflect the changes.

ATTACHED FILE IS MY MOST RECENT MODIFIED VERSION... of fishtails' TLD
Attachments
101352-Links15-20031207.zip (0 Bytes, 52 downloads)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I used the download from today... still the same error smirk

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmmm... I changed the create table to this and it seems to work fine now. Did it break something I should look for?

Code
 <br />CREATE TABLE w3t_links_categories <br />( <br />cat_id int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, <br />parent_id int(11) DEFAULT NULL, <br />title varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', <br />cat_desc varchar(60) DEFAULT NULL, <br />cat_order tinyint(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' <br />) <br />

Attached is the xhtml'd templates, if you don't mind adding them to your work - thank you

Thank you again for your work, very appreciated
Attachments
101354-default.zip (0 Bytes, 37 downloads)

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
The drop down list is better but not quite right. Can it be ordered so subcats fall below the cat titles the associate with? Similiar to how they list them in the ADMIN section under "show catagories" link. I need this because I break thinks into sub cats in different states. So that lists the states subcatagories all together instead of under the separate catagories.

This is looking sweet.. thanks

coffee and code
coffee and code
[]Smilesforu said:
The drop down list is better but not quite right. Can it be ordered so subcats fall below the cat titles the associate with? Similiar to how they list them in the ADMIN section under "show catagories" link. I need this because I break thinks into sub cats in different states. So that lists the states subcatagories all together instead of under the separate catagories.

This is looking sweet.. thanks [/]

thanks for reminding me - that was the next thing I was going to work on

The example I posted above was in alphabetical order listing

coffee and code
coffee and code
AllenAyres, added your code - Thank you!

Hi,

Yep, everything working now, and my Mods and I are busy entering links

Some questions though:
- How do I delete a subcatogory?
- Is it true that I can only have 2 levels of categories (i.e. category & sub-category)?

Sanuk!

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
very nice

Just an FYI for most people the command would be

ALTER TABLE w3t_links_categories ADD cat_desc CHAR(60) DEFAULT NULL

the ` will make the query fail

coffee and code
coffee and code
Omegatron, good points!
I keep forgetting that UBBT has a SQL entry page built into it - I generally use MySqlAmdin and just took the command directly from its "build SQL command" utility

Actually that query failed for me in PHPMYADMIN which I use almost exclusively.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks Chuck, added it here now:

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/links.php

the subcats don't show anymore.. something I did? Being able to delete empty ones would be nice ... plus a 'credits' page to acknowledge the authors and versions

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Allen that would be hard to do credits that is LOL

At one time when this first came out I XHTML'd the whole thing for him and then as it got worked on more the templates were blown and I see you did it again LOL

Your subcats dont show? HMM maybe I will test that out. Being able to delete empty cats should just be a query and a button for it I can do that for you.

coffee and code
coffee and code
[]AllenAyres said:
Thanks Chuck, added it here now:

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/links.php

the subcats don't show anymore.. something I did? Being able to delete empty ones would be nice ... plus a 'credits' page to acknowledge the authors and versions [/]

in my recent release, I commented out the showing of subcats... Reason for this was because I didn't like how it showed "(0)" links for directories that had several subcats WITH "(20)" or even "(40)" totals inside each one of those sub-cats. Plus in sections where there was 10 sub cats and right next to that section was another that only had 2 subcats, the display looked really bad.

If you have good category names, then for the end-user to find exactly what they want, shouldnt be that dificult.

I was planning on adding an option in the admin page to make display of the subcats on main page an option. But untill then...its easy to restore that feature manualy:

1. just head into the code for the main links page ( links_show_cat.php )
2. uncomment ALL of that long set lines in the subcategory section. (To uncomment a section, just remove the "//" from the begining of the lines)
3. save and re-upload to your server

..as far as crediting the authors - as long as the original code is included in the archive and all of the author's respects are left intact into the original code and our new code, I think this should be enough - I have still yet to see a fully modified UBB site (including this one) that lists each and every contributor, with exact version notes and links to those authors sites, for all the public to browse through. As long as the copyright is kept inside the code for each programmer to see and respect the bulk of the work, I'm sure thats enough - unless otherwise requested.

At this point, I would much rather begin a new topic to discuss copyright issues - than hijack this thread and the cumulative work by many people that is currently being put into the progress of this masterpiece

coffee and code
coffee and code
AllenAyres, your install looks good in the default theme here!

I've included additional icons in my latest archive of this module. These additional icons could be used as an alternative to the white ones, for anyone using a default theme with a light header background.

Best regards,
-isaac

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
thanks id, yeah it turned out well.. I'll see about adding the subcats back in. In the meantime, Chuck, would be great to add a button to delete cats/subcats within the admin page

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
OKay I will work on that

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
grazi

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Allen,

Try this one links_admin file. I tested it a bit over at my site. I added a check so that a category that has links can not be accidently deleted otherwise it deletes cats just fine.

[]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/omegatron/shot1.jpg[/]
[]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/omegatron/shot2.jpg[/]
[]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/omegatron/shot3.jpg[/]

Attachments
101755-links_admin.txt (0 Bytes, 376 downloads)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
works very well, thank you

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Coder
Coder
how do I move an already enterd Link to ne category ?

Zarzal.

Functionality of this hack is ever changing. Allen asked for the ability to delete a category. The box telling you that you can not delete the cat until you move the links is purely a SECURITY measure on my part. I did not want people to accidently delete their cats that contained all their links which would mess them up.

You can move the links by selecting the green button on each link and changing its category. I have not coded up a mass move thing but it would be easy enough to do if enough people are interested.

Coder
Coder
Thanks. Right now I found the green button by myself. Now I try to combine the script from Fishtail with the language modification from Rutto ad your modifcation for the Adminpanel. I add also german translation. Seems to work, but is not perfect. A lot more text must from the script to the language file.

Now, I go to sleep and take a look tommorow on the code.

What I would do is download the latest content from id242 and the XHTML templates Allen has posted here along with the admin file I posted. this will give you the most current content. You can then add in your language translation.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I just wanted to drop in and appologize to everyone for not keeping the community updated on TLD and what's been going on. Truth of the matter is I've been on medication for about 7 months now and it has some crappy side effects. Esentially when I do feel like getting on the PC I check out my fishing site, post a little then get back off because I get a headache. Anyway, it looks like TLD has been getting some work to it. When I feel up to it I'll download a copy and compare it to what I have. I haven't even installed TLD on my fishing site yet! I've been needing to update my site with the latest threads and photo post and can't even get the gumption up to do that either. Hopefully I'll get off this crap soon and things will get back to normal.

Until then, y'all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy but safe New Year!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks for the update - take care of yourself.

That's the great part of a community like this - other people can expand upon great work for an even better mod/addon.

Thanks.

Get better soon!!

coffee and code
coffee and code
hope you're feeling better very soon !!

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63