Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
[]AllenAyres said:
I can look at this for you if you like, it's probably easy, tho I'm not sure... been a while since I looked at the code. [/]

Thanks Allen

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Untested:

OPEN links_admin.php

FIND:

Code
<br />// -----------------------------<br />// Make sure they should be here<br />   if (($user['U_Status'] != 'Administrator') && ($user['U_Status'] != 'Moderator')) {<br />      $html -> not_right ("You must be logged in, and be a valid administrator to access this.",$Cat);<br />   }<br />

REPLACE WITH:

Code
<br />// -----------------------------<br />// Make sure they should be here<br />   if (($user['U_Status'] != 'Administrator')) {<br />      $html -> not_right ("You must be logged in, and be a valid administrator to access this.",$Cat);<br />   }<br />

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Thanks Allen, I will try that when I get home and let you know

Bit late of me

This works fine, thanks Allen

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
glad it worked for you

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
I'm not getting a setup screen which I think I should be?

Instead I get

Script:
Line#:
SQL Error: select command denied to user: 'bm3wadmin@localhost' for table 'w3t_links_links'
SQL Error #: 1142
Query: SELECT lid,cat_id FROM w3t_links_links WHERE approved = '1'

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Ok ive created the tables manually and its working now, although not sure why i didnt get the admin menu asking me to install and create all these?

Journeyman
Journeyman
Ah, another problem.. when submitted a new link I get

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in g:\webs\www.bm3w.co.uk\public_html\ubbthreads\links_submit_link.php on line 93
Could not notify admin

Do we need to set an address somewhere?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Sorry Matt, on holiday. I'll check it out when I'm back home and have access to my computer (1-2 days)

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]MattUK said:
Ah, another problem.. when submitted a new link I get

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in g:\webs\www.bm3w.co.uk\public_html\ubbthreads\links_submit_link.php on line 93
Could not notify admin

Do we need to set an address somewhere? [/]

It uses the forum's email address set in the control panel. Double-check that your forum's email address is a current legit one.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Download zip updated to 1.8.3 - a few bugs fixed

One was in the links admin where the admin viewed links submitted, the link to the username didn't work, now it does

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Coder
Coder
Thank you for this Update. The V1.83 is the first version behond 1.5 that will work on my server. But the are 2 typo bugs in links_submitrate_link.php
On Line 39 and 59 you must add \ to the " around the word top or you get an error while trying to rate a link.

Good work !

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks for the bugfixes, download zip is updated in the first post

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
User
User
This mod adds search capability to TLD. Links title and description are searched and the found search term is bolded. Perhaps Allen or Josh would be so kind as to integrate my changes into the latest and greatest release because my changes may not include those contributed by other users since I last worked on this script. The integration should be minor because I only changed one script and one template. Enjoy.

Files:

links_search_links.php (new script to go with your other links scripts)
links.php (you may need to modify the path to links_search_links.php)
links_header.tmpl (this replaces links_header.tmpl in your templates/default directory)
search.gif (new icon - this goes in your images directory)
Attachments
128790-TLDLinks.zip (0 Bytes, 253 downloads)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
cool, I'll get it integrated sometime this week and release it as a 2.0

thankyou again

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
User
User
Added a couple of minor fixes:

Added 'no results found' message, previously no message which made you wonder if the script was working.

When bolding search results, script wasn't retaining case. Example: search for 'dallas' would return 'dallas' but it should have returned 'Dallas'.

Links no longer send the URL in the clear.
Attachments
128875-links_search_links.zip (0 Bytes, 244 downloads)

Last edited by ekempter; 07/31/2005 12:24 AM.
User
User
[]ekempter said:

3. Added a configurable option to specify the minimum number of votes required before a link will appear on the Top Rated page and before the 'stars' ratings will appear next to a link.
[/]

The stars appear in the 'Most Popular' list regardless of how the configuration option is set. Fixed this. Allen, please integrate into the lastest release - this is a very small mod.

Thanks.
Attachments
128876-links_popular_links.zip (0 Bytes, 286 downloads)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
will do - thank you

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Zip files updated with the search feature by ekempter -

A few small bugfixes to update it to work with threads 6.5+ and a url fix.

Thanks ekempter, seems to be working real well here

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Coder
Coder
Thank you for this update.

After review the files your should take a look to links_popular_links.php
The header contains wrong version descriptions and in line 58 is an alt tag missing after /images/popular-c.gif\ witch was in your last update.

I have a question about your directory structure for this modification. I put he language files in the UBBt language directory so I have to edit the line

require ("languages/{$myprefs['language']}/links.php");
to
require ("./languages/{$myprefs['language']}/links.php");

in some files. There should be a note in the installation description about the directory location.

This update works very well.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
thanks for the bug report, I'll update this this coming weekend with the fixes and look at the language issue too.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Fixed the alt text buglet there and in one other place - zip updated. I don't have an answer for the languages issue yet.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
OK Gents - quick question.

I have never used TLD...and basically all I need is an online script that will handle my bookmarks. I get tired of using multiple PCs and managing the bookmarks on each, so I am going to start using my personal site to do so. Easy enough to lock away if I need.

My question is this - should I install this mod on my family's threads site and use it for my personal use, or is this a bit 'robust' for one user? I am sure there are a bunch of random non-integrated bookmark scripts out there, but figured I would start here.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
this one is pretty simple to setup, bookmarks would probably be a good use for it

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I just added this one to my site (after manually creating the tables). I can't get it to work -every time I submit a link I get:

You have not filled out the form completely. Please hit your back button and try again.

After digging through the scripts that erro is triggered in the links_submit_links.php file by the following code:

Code
 // Check to see if the form was filled out completely <br /> <br />	if (!filled_out($HTTP_POST_VARS)) { <br />		print "<center><b>{$ubbt_lang['LINKS_SUBMIT_FILLED_OUT']}</b></center>"; <br />		$html -> send_footer(); <br />		exit; <br />	} 

It looks like the function that checks to see if all of the $HTTP_POST_VARS are avaialble is failing. Any ideas?

Last edited by Dalantech; 08/12/2005 11:51 AM.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
good question, it could be that we should be using the same sub threads uses for form submissions

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Allen please post the scripts that Threads Dev is using for this hack so I can use Beyond Compare to see what the differences are between the scripts that work here, and the ones in the mod.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
we're using the same scripts you find in the first post in this topic. I updated them here when I updated the zips.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

The check to see if all of the form data is filled in fails on my site: as written it's always evaluates to false.

Code
 function filled_out($form_vars)<br />	{<br />	// lets make sure that each variable has a value<br />	foreach ($form_vars as $key => $value)<br />		{<br />		if (!isset($key) || ($value == ""))<br />			return false;<br />		}<br />		return true;<br />	} 

I can re-write the function to get it to return true, but then I can't get it to fail when a form isn't filled in...

I finally figured out how to fix it -it's not pretty but it works. Since there are only 4 variables that are user selectable I decided to only check for those 4:

Code
 foreach ($HTTP_POST_VARS as $key => $value);<br /><br />// Check to see if the form was filled out completely<br />if ( (!isset($cat_id) || ($cat_id == "")) || (!isset($url) || ($url == "")) || (!isset($title) || ($title == "")) || (!isset($description) || ($description == "")) ) {<br />		print "<center><b>{$ubbt_lang['LINKS_SUBMIT_FILLED_OUT']}</b></center>";<br />		$html -> send_footer();<br />		exit;<br />	} else { 

After the else the rest of the script to check the url and enter the data in the database executes.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
thanks, that's a new bug not reported before. You must be running a slightly different server setup - is it windows IIS or something?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Original post updated with zip to work with 6.5.2 plus some small bugfixes

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Coder
Coder
my provider changed the webserver a little bit and my TLD2 stop working correct in some functions. It doesnt show any error.

I can enter the main page of TLD. All looks nice and correct. If I click on a category it goes to it but show only every time the same link only (only one and every time the same). It doesn't show me the correct content of the category.

I can click on what I like, I get every time the same result showing me the one and only link and the categorys. The DB contains 138 Links.

Click I 'Most Popular' I see some of my links. If I try to follow a link the redirector show me an empty page (in firefox). In IE it take me back to my board main index.

I try do delete one of the Most Popular links, got the correct message that this link is deleted but after I revisit Most Popular it is still intact and I have 138 links.

If I try to edit a category or link I get the error that not all is filled out correctly.

I can remeber that this problem have to do with global variables or something like this. Anyone who know this effect and have a solution? I like TLD and have to bring it to work again. I need some help.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmm.. got a link? And did the hosts say what they changed?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Coder
Coder
The host changes everything smile he replace the servermachine include the server software. From Zeus to Lightspeed.

You can take a look on my board on http://www.dragonclan-forum.de/ubbthreads/links.php

But you have to register to access this page.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Strange, have you tried visiting the links admin page and submitting anything?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Coder
Coder
If I try to submit a link I get: http:// is not a valid url or is temporarily unavailable. Please check the url by clicking on the link and try again.

Seems be related to the post/get bug from Dalantech and maybe Threads 6.5.5 .... I changed the threads version von 6.5.4 to 6.5.5 some days bevore the server changes and not test the TLD *shame*.

/edit: I try to apply the fix for links_submit_link.php from dalantech above, but I ancounter some problems ... still working and cant find out to put it in the right place.

Last edited by Zarzal; 07/26/2006 2:56 PM.
Coder
Coder
Update: I m on the way. I compare V1.5 to V2.0 and bring some old sript parts to V2. It begins to work but I guess its realy unsafe to XSS. The Links Categories shows now correect, but there is alot more work to do.

/edit: I include in most cases some code like this (example redirector):
PHP Code
 $lid = get_input("lid","get");
$url = get_input("url","get");

Index works, showlinks work, redirector work. I work on the rest

Last edited by Zarzal; 07/26/2006 3:34 PM.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
good deal smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63