Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thank you Chuck

I've wrassled with this the last few days without any luck. Apparently it's his server setup, but calling the header twice (thread's send_header + photopost's header) wasn't allowing anyone to log in or out

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Well you do not have to login or out as the login is automatic.

Yeah I have only seen the login problem with a few servers.

Now I wrestled with this some with no luck with just calling the stylesheet it makes things hang. Now that I remember this is WHY I simply wrap photopost with Threads. In the beginning I removed all the header for Photopost which made things validate and work just fine. I added back in the header stuff and just commented out last one as some people were complaining about the slideshow and java not working.

Okay The only way I have been successful at integrating the two products without Photopost hanging is sending the header. What you can do is what I stated before removing everything between EVERY $header" blah blah "; CALL. The only drawback is the slideshow but I am testing putting that into the threads header call so it works. Remove the photopost headers and see if this makes the login better although on most systems I have seen login problems it is unrelated to this mod and usually login does not work with or without this mod.

It would be easy if we could just define the stylsheet but without sending the header all I get is a white screen of death.

I tried the normal way of defining the stylsheet without sending the header and it kills things.

include("/path/to/your/threads/install/main.inc.php");
$userob = new user;
$user = $userob -> authenticate("U_StyleSheet");
$stylesheet = $user['U_StyleSheet'];
if ((!$stylesheet) || ($stylesheet == "usedefault")) {
$stylesheet = $theme['stylesheet'];
}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then something like this in the <head></head> of your page.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.whatever.com/forum/stylesheets/$stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
that might do it.

4.1.3 was released today with some small adjustments to how threads works with photopost, maybe that will help

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hacker
Hacker
The adjustment to the Threads side was mostly in how it dealt with Guests. If a user had been logged in, but the logout hadnt removed all cookies, then it was possible for PP to become confused about weather a user was logged in or not. This just helped in cases where that might be an issue.

Sponsored Links
Yeah this is just weird I have tried the above and it does not work and pull the stylesheet. For now the only way is send header from threads to pull things.

If you visit my site Allen you will see there are not two doctypes now. However this is with some modifying to Photopost I can not get it to pull just the stylsheet the easy way. There is one other program I have found out is just as tough I have been working with and the send_header is the only thing that works which means all modication has to be done on the program it is wrapping to validate.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Possible bug w/ this:

I just tested it out and a person who signs up for the forums that hasn't yet confirmed their email can login to the gallery/threads by clicking on the login button on the photopost header. How can we fix it so that that button takes the visitor to the forums login page instead of the photopost one? Right now clicking on "Register" in the photo gallery header takes the user to the forums registration page. I need users who click on the photo gallery login page to go to the forum login page because a user can sign-up and sign in to look at photos w/o ever confirming their email account. And if they make a comment, then it becomes another problem, and if they never confirm the email, then it's a bigger problem. This can all be fixed by making the login on the photopost header go to the forums login. I just don't know which template it is that I would have to fix.

BTW, users are able to do this because I let them choose their initial password. It would be less user friendly to not allow that, especially because I have Hivemail integrated. I don't think changing the password for the forums from the control panel will change the email password, which is really user-unfriendly.

DonJulio,

That is not a bug with this mod. This mod simply sends header and stylesheet. It has nothing to do with login's

I would suggest you post in the photopost forums this as it is an issue with their threads login integration that simply pulls login password without checking the U_Approved field.

If you want to change the link for login to the threads page you can edit pp-inc.php and look for login.php path and change it to the threads path not photopost's

Addict
Addict
I tried a few times and could NOT get this working 100% on Photopost Pro 4.1.4.

Also this section:

Find:

$header = "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dt">

I think it would help to mention that there are two isntances of the doctype line. Be sure to change the correct one.

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Yes I know that. Remove Photopost's doctype

If you want this hack to be 100 compliant you need to remove the entire header tags. However slideshows will not work. I have been wrestling with just calling the stylesheets but Photopost dies.

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
Got it going, by being sneaky.. LOL Thanks for your help via MSN

- Custom Web Development
Veteran
Veteran
Share you methods

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
He was having problems with the baseline GLOBAL call which is used to disallow certain files from using main.inc.php so the admin section can work

If you problem is the mod works fine except admin section does not work since you can not use a global call which to me is weird. JC is the only person who reported this. You can make a duplicate pp-inc.php which is unmodified and name it pp-inc1.php and link that in the require statement in adm-inc.php instead of pp-inc.php at top of file

quick dirty workaround.

Ian what exactly was your problem>?

Veteran
Veteran
Not sure at the moment - doing a fresh install of 4.1.4

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Addict
Addict
All servers are not created equal

- Custom Web Development
Veteran
Veteran
Well I can recomend a few hosts if you need to improve yours

First post updated with new archive to change header function

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
argh:

http://www.fiebre.com/photos/index.php

The colspan's seem to be different between the 2, could be due to bookie's templates

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmm.... put the old templates back up but couldn't upload then - I put clean 4.1.4 files up to get back to semi-normal

4.1.5 should be out before long

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Allen if you altered any of the Photopost templates beyond what I did yes you will need to beyond compare things.

Basically my templates add the tbopen and tbclose statements thats it. They are stock Photopost templates with a stock integrated Photopost. I viewed the site and it seems fine.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmm.. it was some work bookie did, he probably added some extra tables here and there.

I haven't looked at the photopost code in a while, does it use something like tbopen and tbclose or all the tables hard-coded? Would be nice to add if not there, for sure.. hint hint Michael

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
This worked great Chuck. I just upgraded a large integrated site last night.

I couldn't get photopost to see the $tbopen & $tbclose templates.... so in pp-inc.php I had to do this:

$tbopen = "
put the html from my tbopen template
";
$tbclose = "
put the html from my tbclse template
";

and likewise for that feature.tmpl file. But then it worked great.
Not sure why, but I was eager to get it done.

I was working on measurection from 11pm last night til 9am this morning upgrading and rehacking everything. So I just needed to get it done.

Instead of hardcoding them like you did ?

The require ("path/to/tbopen.tmpl") DID NOT WORK?

I know you had that problem before as when the hacks called the normal tbopen tbclose variables that site would not call them

I wonder why the require statements I have in the hack dont work either guess thats one funky configuration.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah, it was odd that I couldn't make it see them.
Even after I seet the paths to the templates.

I even tried the call to list $tbopen and $tbclose before sending the header in pp-inc-php and it didn't like it. <shrug>

Maybe my brain was fried with no sleep at that point. As I said, it had been a long night. But my table wrappers are nothing fancy - just regular tables (no graphics) so it was not important.

Yeah well I found out the later did not work anymore since it requires being placed after the send header statement and did not seem to wanna work anymore when the sendheader was further down with that little fix you made up.

So I just did the next best thing and required them directly. That is indeed weird my man.

Old Hand
Old Hand
OK I give up whats the

[]
###
### In ubbthreads - put this in the headers-include include:
###
[/]

also in your docs you say this

[]
Open pp-inc.php

Find:

require "config-inc.php";
require "languages/$pplang/pp-inc.php";
[/]

but in the new version 4.15 its actually

[]
require "config-inc.php";
if ( !isset($PP_PATH) || empty($PP_PATH) ) $PP_PATH = ".";

require "$PP_PATH/languages/$pplang/pp-inc.php";
[/]

so would you still place

[]
Insert Below this and set path to main-inc.php:

/// Require the library. Edit the path to the
// main.inc.php file if necessary.
require ("/PATH/TO/main.inc.php");

// If you use IIP's sidebar you may want to uncomment the line below
// to disable the sidebar on Photopost pages
// $config['iip_call'] = 1;

[/]

below it?

Last edited by scroungr; 10/26/2003 12:07 AM.
Old Hand
Old Hand
Any clearer information as to what these should be set to would be helpfull..

Last edited by scroungr; 10/26/2003 12:01 PM.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes! They have an extra line in the new photopost - but you are correct, put that below it.

For the headers-insert thing..... in your ubbthreads program, click "Admin" then click "Edit headers-insert" near the bottom under the includes that you can edit.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Omegatron -

I think I solved it.

Near the top of the pp-inc.php file, just after you require main.inc.php

Put this:

Code
<br />// Setup the table wrappers<br />   $html = new html;<br />  list($tbopen,$tbclose) = $html -> table_wrapper();<br />

Good try but no dice. I had already tried placing the varialbe up down sideways with and without newhtml with newhtml

Yeah that is why I gave up and did it the easy way with a require statement.

Old Hand
Old Hand
thanx guys

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Hmmm... must be a bit quirky based on the install. I was working on another site and what I posted above fixed the issue.

Yeah you seem to find the quirky installs dont you

Out of curiosity Josh windows or Linux?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Linux.....

I just did this table wrapper fix on both of my own server servers, and it worked. As I just had to install and integrate for one of my hosting clients.

So you saying instead of the 2 require statements you added this and it worked for you

// Setup the table wrappers
$html = new html;
list($tbopen,$tbclose) = $html -> table_wrapper();

Did you actually make sure it worked? Remember 98% dont use tablewrappers. I use them and the site with your code looks right but tablewrappers do not show up.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes... in pp-inc-php just below the require staement for main.inc.php I added that.

I did leave the require statements in the feature.tmpl - I didn't try taking them out.

But without what I posted above - nothing anywhere had any <table> tags - it just was <td> and <tr> everywhere and a mighty messy looking screen.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I had tried it above the send_header function - but I think that was after the fact. I really needed to be near the very top in pp-inc.php.

No things look fine with the code you posted!!

Except remember I see little picky error's before you might

I use the true tablewrappers which require tbopen tbclose. I have that 5 pixel border around all tables. With your code my photopost looks normal just no 5 pixel wrappers. With the require statement things view normal with my borders.

Seems in your day you have found about what 3 sites that had trouble. Your way would be a good backup incase of things dont work normally.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Ah yes - those pesky table wrappers. It puzzles me that there is such an issue with those. Should be straight forward, but I've yet to ever get the wrappers to appear in the chat mod either.

Thats cause of the frames I beleive

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63