Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
it allow the photopost headers to load javascript for slideshows and yes you put that into your threads header insert.

Sponsored Links
Is it normal that my photopost admin page lost it's stylesheet ?

Sounds to me like you missed doing a step. Mainly editing the adm-inc.php file

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Anyone know why the photopost javascript popup help won't open when clicked on? I don't recieve errors or anything, it just won't open. My browser is set for js, like the My Photos hack pops up no problem.

In your Threads header insert where it has the popup script change that $Global['Main call and replace it with your actual url to the help directory.

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
PP4.6.6 is released and after a compare I find a lot differences. Will we need a new integration ? If I find time tonight I will try it on my own

I have integrated this into my site with only a few minor differences. I did not use the templates provided but rather I used the ones from photopost and added the changes (which are basicly just tbopen and tbclose strings instead of the ppopen and ppclose strings) The difference that I did is that I replaced the stylesheets directory in Photopost with a symbolic link to the stylesheets directory in the forums. Also I removed the menubar include from the photopost files and added the menu items to my registered user nav bar from threads. I am very pleased wit the results of the integration so far.

Pappy,

There is not need to add a stylesheet link as this mod makes it change when a user changes their stylesheet. Why would you get rid of the Photopost menubar? That is all the links to use Photopost.

I do not follow what your doing.

ZarzaL I have 4.6.6 on my site and the integration is fine. We only touch 2 files in Photopost and the parts we touch have not changed.

Now as far as the templates the only changing one with the minor release notice posted on Photopost is bulkupload.tmpl although I saw no changes myself,

As always and noted in the mod if you do not use tablewrappers you do not even need to upload the templates I provide except the menubar.

I recreated the Links in the Nav bar,
I had a similar error as someone earlier had posted for the stylesheets to be used with the code in adm-inc, I opted to just create a symbolic link to the stylesheets folder in threads and leave the Photpost code on those pages unchanged. The reason I removed the menu bar is that it looked inconsistent to me with threads so I added the code needed to the threads Nav Bar (registered users only) I also modded my admin menu in threads with a link to the Photopost admin function so I would keep all the abilities available. the only reason I did this was that I felt it looked better for the integration on my site. If you would like PM me and I will make you an account so you can see what it looks like?

Well if this is your Photopost install you might want to stop hacking ;( as your broke it

http://www.greatlakesalliance.com/photopost/

Sponsored Links
what is Broke? I have it set up so that users that are not logged in can not see it.

Exactly you broke it.

Photopost by default does not show unregistered people photo's if you select that.

I mean what is the point of only showing a header and footer on a page and nothing else? To anyone looking at your forum it will look like an error and coding mistake.

Also take into account if you want to have your forum grow you are going about things the wrong way. Having people see the thumbsnails but not see the image is a tease and way to get people to register.

Basically what I am saying is there is a fine line in coding things. If you do not want to show the index then you might want to use an if else statement and make up another template explaining you have to register to see any part of the gallery otherwise it just looks like faulty coding.

Only registered users would see that the Photpost gallery is even there. This is by design (for me) rather than as an obstruction to growth. We generally are not inclined towards growth but rather we cater to our own folks. The reason we have forums to begin with is out of necessity and because none of us Liked Advertisements. This has worked well for us. I aggree with your point tho that nothing but a header and footer looks Broke but generally a user that is not logged in would never see it to begin with. I should put up an explanation within the template tho as you have suggested.

[]Only registered users would see that the Photpost gallery is even there.[/]

Yeah that is not the case as I see a header footer and stats box thats why I suggested doing the template. Having noone see if they where not registered from a coding aspect would be adding a forward statement that forwarded them say back to the forums if they were not logged in.

an even better Idea

if (!$User) {

forward( "url/to/forum/");

}

Thanks Chuck!

ok I just had it take them directly to the login screen

Coder
Coder
I finish the update to 4.6.6 without any problems. I review the templates with beyond compare and found some minor differences. I change it for me.

Addict
Addict
4.6.7 is out

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Coder
Coder
already installed After tuning some server parameters my PP runs well again. Thanks to Omegatron.
If you install this release take a closer look to the bulkupload.tmpl

Yep actually the change was in 4.6.6

Addict
Addict
Lil tip, for those wondering, be sure to upgrade your copy of pp-inc.php, there are changes you'll need. So re-add Omegatrons edits as per his mod.

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
This is an excellent mod.

One new tip - if you have trouble with the table wrappers in the feature.tmpl

Before the require lines to include the templates.... rather than having to make a second set of wrapper templates, put these variables AFTER the main.inc.php require statement, but BEFORE the table wrapper require statements.

$theme['tablewidth'] = "96%";
$theme['cellpadding'] = "3";
$theme['cellspacing'] = "1";

And set thier values accordingly.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Also - in the current attachment at the beginning of this thread.

The search.tmpl needs to have all the table wrappers replaced. Still has ppopen etc...

coffee and code
coffee and code
If your server is like mine and gets an average of 200 to 400 members online all the time, do NOT add the stats version of this module... it will kill your server

Here is the OFFENDING CODE that brought my server to it's knees, soon crashing it shortly after....

Code
    $sth = $dbh->do_query(" <br />    SELECT COUNT(B_Topic), SUM(B_Counter) <br />    FROM {$config['tbprefix']}Posts <br />    GROUP BY B_Topic <br />    ORDER BY B_Topic <br />    "); <br />    list($num_replies, $num_threads, $num_thread_views) = array(0, 0, 0); <br />    $num_rows = $dbh->total_rows($sth); <br />    if ($num_rows >= 1) { <br />    list($num_replies) = $dbh->mysql_fetch_row($sth); <br />    if ($num_rows >= 2) { <br />    list($num_threads, $num_thread_views) = $dbh->mysql_fetch_row($sth); <br />    } <br />    } <br />    $dbh->finish_sth($sth); <br />    $num_posts = $num_threads + $num_replies; <br />

Im running a P4-2.0Ghz - Ensim Redhat Linux setup with 1.5gb memory and getting 60,000 to 90,000 hits/day

Last edited by id242; 02/18/2004 11:32 AM.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
The beauty of this mod if you do not need to use the provided templates if you do not wish to. They are provided for people like myself who run tablewrappers.

I will be including 4.6.7 templates soon etc

Coder
Coder
V4.7 is out and I ask me if I should try an update or not. Templates seems easy, replace all $ppopen to $tbopen, same to $ppclose and $tbclose. But there are a lot of differences too and I dont know if your modification work or not.

Do you work on a new version of this integration and we all should wait or just try it on my own ?

Old Hand
Old Hand
after comparing 4.67 to 4.7 I would have to say that is an understatement. I may try this later to see what happens.

I will be releasing a 4.7 version most likely later today. I already have it running on my site. Just gotta work out some kinks.

Old Hand
Old Hand
good will save me some work

User
User
Am I doing something wrong?? I have installed everything as described.. but when I view the photopost site from within my ubbthreads website using the integration mod, the ubbthreads logon says "Welcome Sadgit." but below that, the photopost part of the screen, says I am not logged on.

I am using ubbthreads database for the photopost user account... am I being thick here??? and have I missed something obvious?
Should it log me onto both, with out having to log onto each of them??
Cheers

Old Hand
Old Hand
yes you should log into threads and that be validated in photopost. Check your installation again. So anyways what board version? what photopost version? this is a pretty easy mod to add now.

User
User
ubbthread 6.4 and PP 4.6
I am just playing at the mo, to get this integration working..

This problem has had me baffled for a few hours now..
What part of the instalation should I be checking?

Thanks for the reply

Old Hand
Old Hand
Well first off bring up photopost/index.php and make sure you can log in. Make sure it is pulling from the threads database for usernames. Then I would grab the new 4.7f cause it's easiet to integrate and follow the directions for the 4.7f photopost integration if you need to stick with 4.6 then make sure you actually overwriting ALL templates from this integration because sometimes even though you think you overwriteen it doesn't..

First off have you ever been able to login betwen the two products. This mod has nothing to do with logins.

I suggest you post for support over at Photopost. Your more than likely do not have your cookies matched up correctly. You need to verify your cookie settings are site wide and the cookie domains match plus if you are using any custom cookie prefix

User
User
Thanks for the replies.
Yes I can log into both products.. You could be right when you say it is a cookies problem, just trying to figure out where and why now

You need to post on the photopost support site as you problem has nothing to do with this hack.

I already told you how to fix it.

Cookies need to be set sight wide /

You need the same domain set in both .domain.com

and if you use a cookie prefix you must tell photopost that

if a little unsure where to add this, can you please clarify

### In ubbthreads - put this in the headers-include include: SET GALLERY PATH
###

<!-- no cache headers for photopost -->
<meta http-equiv="pragma" content="no-cache" />
<meta http-equiv="expires" content="Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:00:00 GMT" />
<meta http-equiv="cache-control" content="no-cache, must-revalidate" />
<!-- end no cache headers -->
<!-- Popup help Javascript for Photopost -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var PopUpHelpX = (screen.width/2)-150;
var PopUpHelpY = (screen.height/2)-200;
var pos = "left="+PopUpHelpX+",top="+PopUpHelpY;
function PopUpHelp(url){
PopUpHelpWindow = window.open("URL/TO/GALLERY"+url,"Smilies","scrollbars=yes,width=300,height=400,"+pos);
}
</script>
<!-- End of Popup help -->

thanks

Old Hand
Old Hand
yes put it in the header.php file or header-include.php file. they are in the ubbthreads includes directory...

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63