Mod Name / Version:
User Friendly Registration v1.3 Description:
Several new users of my board were really angry about the registration page. There are more than a dozen ways to get an error displayed on a seperate page. If you use the browsers "back"-button, sometimes all of the input is gone and you have to retype Loginname, Displayname and eMail again.
This can happen several times until success:
- if the "I Agree" box is not checked
- if the eMail address is not valid
- if the Login Name is occupied
- if the Display Name is occupied
Not really user Friendly.
This hack does the following:
- it displays the error messages on the "New user" page
- it highlights the corresponding field
- in case of an error, it keeps the values of several input fields
This hack does NOT support:
- error messages for the "age checking" stuff
- error messages for all the optional fields, except the password field
(see Control Panel » Registration Settings » Registration Screen)
Included are the strings for English, Spanish and German language files. Working Under:
This is the update for Beta-[6.4] User Friendly Registration v1.2
and Beta-[6.3] User Friendly Registration v1.1
. Several changes have been made (mostly in the template files) to work with 6.5. Mod Status:
Beta Any pre-requisites:
to my angry users ;-) Files Altered:
adduser.php, newuser.php, /templates/default/newuser_signup.tmpl, /languages/XXX/adduser.php, /stylesheets/*.css New Files:
NO Database Altered:
[/] Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.
Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.