Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Journeyman
Journeyman
I'm hoping someone can help me solve this proble. I'm running UBB Threads 6.5 and using the IIP 6.5 index page mod. As you know, in the UBBT Control Panel you can add "HTML Includes" which includes common Header code you can put in there. It says you can include PhP code as well as HTML. I had been running HTML code in there to place a single banner at the top og the page and its been working fine. Now, however, I have a program called PhPBannerNew which is a banner rotator program. It uses a database to pull out banners that can either be stored in the database or on the server.

PROBLEM:
When I include the banner invocation code in my HTML Include code for my header, I get errors of the page associated with other IIP features where the index page tries to access other another database. Could this be due to my banner code opening another (banner) database, which then closed whatever database IIP had open? Any ideas how to solve this problem?

PS: If I put the code on a plain HTML page it works fine

Thanks,
Basil

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Post the error please

Journeyman
Journeyman
Never mind, I fixed it. I just need to re-open a database that was being closed when my banner database was open. The error I was gettting was something about "not a valid resource" when trying to do a querry. Well, it wasn't valid because the DB that was being querried had been closed.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Glad I could help

Journeyman
Journeyman
[]ChAoS said:
Glad I could help [/]

I just got lucky and figured it out by accident

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
I was gonna say the only database IIP even uses id the threads database and if your mod is closing that you would see the error other places...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849